Question about Quality?!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 10:22 AM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Okay so Im just starting out.. Im gettin better and better the more I practice.. But I still cant figure out how to make the pictures of the babies/ppl look so Porcelain (Spelling?) ... I see siggies where the faces look so flawless and perfect, and the eyes look like crystal.. I jus cant figure how ppl do that!! If theres any one who can help me out that would be awsome... I have Photoshop Version 8.0 if that helps..
May 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
What I do is play around with the brightness/contrast a bit first (Image<Adjustments<Brightness/Contrast). Once I have that the way I want it, I take my Blur tool and go over the skin, to make it smooth.

The eyes are my favorite part. First, you'll need to select both of the eyes. Take your elliptical marquee tool and make a circle around one eye. Then, while holding your Shift key, make a circle around the other eye. Don't worry about making the circles perfect. At the bottom of your tools palette, click on the Quick Mask button (looks kind of like a camera). Everything EXCEPT the eyes should be red. Select a hard round brush and go around the eyes a bit, making everything red except for the part of the eyes you want colored. If you accidentally color something you don't want colored, click your eraser brush and erase it. Once you have done that, click the camera-looking button again to go back to standard mode. There should be dancing ants around your eyes. Click Ctrl + c to copy the eyes, then Ctrl + v to paste them into a new layer. Then, go to Image<Adjustments<Curves and, starting in the middle, drag the line to the upper left, making the eyes brighter. You'll be able to see how bright it is on your picture, as long as the Preview box is checked. Then go to Image<Adjustments<Color Balance and play around with the sliders, moving it towards blue for blue eyes, green for green eyes, etc. The last step I do is select the Sharpen tool (the default is the blur tool, hold down on that to get the sharpen tool to pop up). Go over the eyes to sharpen them up. You can also play around with the dodge and burn tools to lighten up the colored part more and darken the outer edges.

Hope that helps!

May 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Zarziza's Avatar I have ooodles of IT!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Zarziza
wow kat! really nice way to explain things.

May 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
Ok cool!!! I think I got it figured... Sorta.. I'll keep practicing!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search