I made a siggy!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 02:45 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Well, sort of. I made about half of the siggy that I wanted to make, then got bored and frustrated and cut myself off short. Here it is:

Seriously, is there an easier way to do this? Is there a better program to use than Gimp? It is taking me ages just to figure out how to resize a photo. I also can't seem to find any of the fun clip art that the rest of you seem to have access to, or any of the patterned and multi-colored fonts. Where am I supposed to click to find those? There are too many different button options and I don't know what half of them mean, lol.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
May 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
...::Tiffany::...'s Avatar ~*Ginger*~
Gimp actually is pretty similar to photoshop. And it's free, compared to well over $100 for photoshop. It's actually pretty good.
So, first things first: Gimp Lessons and Tutorials - JustMommies Message Boards
That's the forum for all lessons and how-to's for Gimp It should really help you get started using it.
Second: You can download tons of free fonts from places like dafont.com Then, there's probably a thread in the tutorials to explain how to change the colors and everything.
Third: You can get kits and things for free. My favorite place to start is DigiScrapDepot.com - Digital Scrapbooking Freebies and just choose what you're looking for on the left.
Fourth: DONT GET DISCOURAGED! lol It just takes some time and practice. Everyone here started exactly where you are. Good luck! It gets addicting once you get the hang of it!

May 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are tons of places to get free kits or to buy them. There are several threads right now in te Maker's Lounge with links for places to find freebies and discussions of our favorite shops etc. I use Photoshop Elements 6. I got a pretty good deal on it, sale, rebate, discount with Amazon CC.

May 23rd, 2009, 04:19 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It takes some time to find out how to use the photo programs. Heck, I am still learning things on mine. Just keep practicing. Signature area is 600x600, so that is the max size you can have one here. A lot of people make them wider than high because you can have room under your siggy to add blinkies and such. Also, there are a couple of sites that link to only freebies. So they are good ones to check out:
DigiFree - The Digital Scrapbooking Freebie Search Engine
DigiScrapDepot.com - Digital Scrapbooking Freebies

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
got nothing to add to all that they put in, just wanted to welcome you.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
May 25th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Thanks to all. I know that mine was too big, but I thought it kind of sucked anyway, so I didn't even bother to resize it. :-)

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search