My attempts...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2009, 03:51 AM
mamabeeto3's Avatar Super Mommy
So first let me tell you that I had PSE4 for the past 4 years and never got the hang of it till about 8 months ago after reading all the tutorials on here and figuring out "most" things. This is a testament to all of you who assisted with these tutorials - cause seriously I had books, dvd's and could not figure this stuff out. But the screenshots, explanations - WOW!!! You all are awesome.

So here are the siggy's I have attempted to make since learning. I wish I had more time to learn and grow. You all are simply amazing! I love looking at what each of you come up with!!!

They go in order from earliest attempt to latest (I can definitely see an improvement - but again no where near any of you)

I welcome your cc's and suggestions!

First

May 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I definitely see an improvement in your work also!

Here are the things I would work on if I were you...
  • resizing pics without distorting them
  • photo editing
  • shadow/bevel size
  • element placement
I use PSE 6, started on PSE 5, and I can try to help. I don't know how different 4 is from either of the ones I've used, but I can't imagine that its too different. So, if you need help, or would like a lesson with screen shots on how to do something PM me and if I know how to help I will. (If I don't I'll bug someone else into telling me so I can learn and thus help ) Three things I would suggest is going to the Maker's Lounge for CC, try participating in the Siggy School Student Challenges (SSSC) - a new one will start Monday, and going through the galleries and attempting to copy another siggy or something from one, that will really help you a lot.
Hope you stick around with us!
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search