Text help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2009, 09:27 AM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies. How do you make your text look its best?? I see lots of textures and it really 'stands' out.. just wondering how do you do that?? I am using Corel Paint Shop Pro photo xi. I know it's not as popular to photoshop and I do miss having CS3 but there are quite a bit of similarities so maybe if you tell me how you did it I might be able to figure it out.. thanks so much!

December 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I know a lot of people use a stroke around their text, as well as a drop shadow. That's what I did in my siggy. This link shows how to do that in PSP: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...esson-1-a.html (PSP Lesson 1)

January 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Glitter Stick
I also do the white stroke and add a drop shadow and sometimes a bevel to give it a shiny effect.
January 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that another mistake that beginners make it making their text too small. In your siggy, there are several things you could do for your text. #1 - All of it could be bigger, you have lots of blank space so make the text as big as possible. #2 - your drop shadows are too far away from the text which makes it very hard to read. A distance of 5 px. is about the max you should have and that is for very large text. The size you have should be 1 or 2 px. and the shadow is too dark, set opacity at about 50% and lighten the color. #3 - a white stroke paired with the drop shadow helps the text stand out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search