How do I brighten the photos?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy School LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just made my first siggy in Photoshop. I am overall happy with it. But now Im starting to notice that other people's photos are much brighter and the colors are enhanced. My looks kind of dull now.

What image adjustment settings in PhotoShop do I use to make the photograph brighter and the colors pop out?

Thanks!

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

November 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
...::Tiffany::...'s Avatar ~*Ginger*~
I adjust the Levels first by sliding the right slider over until it meets the first bit of black on the graph. Then I adjust the Curves by pulling the middle of the curve up to brighten them. Then, I'll add a Surface Blur to smooth out the skin. And last, Unsharp Mask to make everything sharper. Sometimes, I'll have to go and up the Saturation or the Contrast, but usually I just do Levels, Curves, Surface Blur, then Unsharp Mask I do hope that made sense.. This is what I got by using these steps on your siggy. (which is super cute by the way) I'd normally play with it more probably until I got it more sharp, but I don't have a ton of time lol hopefully, that helps you out, though!

Last edited by ...::Tiffany::...; November 6th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
November 7th, 2010, 12:49 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Im going to try those things. Im super new at this and pretty much figured out how to do that siggie all on my own. I didnt even think to edit the photo first. I guess Ill have to try to redo it so the color adjustments only effect the photo.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search