We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I have a Nikon D90 (I know this board is mainly canon, but I love my nikon!). I have two items on my to-buy list - a SB-600 flash and a Tamron 28-75mm 2.8. The only reason I want the 28-75mm lens is because I'm tired of switching between my 35mm and 50mm. The flash would be an upgrade. I currently have a Quantaray flash, pretty cheap it only cost me $40. Below is a link to it Quantaray by Sunpak XLF-50 Flash for Nikon - XLF-50N - RitzCamera.com
It can tilt off so I can bounce it off the ceiling, but it does not swivel like the SB-600.
Does anyone here find that they are having to rotate the their flash to get a nice bounce? There are several times when I rotate my camera and then the flash is bouncing off the walls when I still want it to bounce off the ceiling.
I'm having a hard time deciding if I should upgrade my flash first, or continue to save for the lens.
can u make do with the flash you have until you save up to get both?
Im a nikon girl...love my nikon. both those things are on my wish list, but i want the flash more. i think i can settle with the lenses i have but i have had so many times where i have said man i wish i had a flash.
I have the SB 600 and I love the swivel head... it rocks, especially when you need to move quickly.
I would say, go for whichever you think will aid you the most... is it really a huge pain to change lenses? Then get the lens...
Is it ruining your pictures not being able to swivel your flash? Get the flash!
Thanks everyone! Its such a toss up - I would say its 50/50 for which one I need the most. I think I'm going to spring for the flash. I found someone on ILP that is willing to sell me theirs, so I can get it for $45 less then if I buy it new. If that works out, then i'll get the flash. If not, I'll just continue to save up and hopefully get the lens in the next month or two.