New Here :)

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Hey ladies,

So I'm not new to JM, but I am new to this board.
My MIL has mentioned some talent that she thinks I have with photography so I wanted to share with other photographers before I pursue my interest any further.

I hope this is ok, I will post pictures after the go-ahead

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

March 11th, 2011, 08:15 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Hi there and welcome

Jump right in and share some of your pictures please!!! We are all here to learn more and help one and other!!!
March 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see some of your work!! :-) You'll love it here!

March 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!

So... I'm a huuugge amateur I don't have any fancy lights... Or a fancy camera. All I have is a Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH. Or that's what it says
I normally just play around with the camera

So these are just a few I prefer flowers because they don't move, or cry when frustrated with me

March 11th, 2011, 10:10 PM
These are great for starting out!!! You have some really nice images!! Do you have any kind of editing software, or are you interested in using editing software.. There is gimp which is free and a great start.. You can youtube some tutorials to help with that..

The other thing I would suggest is read/read/read, all and any information, the digital photography books by Scott Kelby are great and Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.. Also, may sound crazy, but read your camera manual and explore your camera. I have seen some GREAT shots with a point and shoot!

I think you are off to a great start! Follow your passion and keep sharing with us, if you ever want cc on your pictures just ask for it, if you want harsh cc ask for it, but a lot of ladies wont comment or make suggestions unless you post that you would like that!!! And sometimes it can be a little discouraging, but honestly it WILL help you become better!!

Really glad you shared these!! keep them coming and jump right in with any questions that you have! =)

ETA, if you want anyone to play around with your images with their editing software and share with you what they did, then just ask for that too and we always love playing with other peoples images and sharing what we did.. its another great learning tool!
March 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks so much

I donít think thereís any editing software on this computer (Iím using my momís for nowÖ Long story ) Never thought about it, but if I get more into this photography stuff I just may consider it!!

Thanks for the advice on the books, can I get those at a Chapters? I live in Canada so, Iíve never gone looking for photography books, but I just may have to start!!

Iím always open for some cc, providing we all remember that Iím super new, and a huge amateur Not sure Iím ready for the harsh cc yet

I donít mind people playing around with my photos, but I would prefer just the flower ones done right now, not sure how I feel about people playing around with my daughterís photos yet

How do I learn to put a watermark on my photos with my name or whatever on it? In case I ever get famous

March 12th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I am not 100% sure on how you would make a watermark if you dont already have some type of editing software, hopefully someone will be able to help you more with that.

If you do put gimp on the computer just google/youtube "how to make a watermark in gimp"

=)
March 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! You will find a heap of great support and advice on the board. Nicky has given you some great tips already. Keep on posting and reading and you will be amazed at how quickly you will learn.

Thanks tasha_mae for the awesome signature!
my project 365 ~ one photo everyday for 2011
March 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
hippygypsy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and welcome! Ditto everything Nicky said. Read read read. Get yourself Gimp. Practice practice practice. I LOVE the second photo from the bottom.
March 12th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Welcome, I'm new also, Love the flowers!
March 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for posting!!! You definitely have an eye for photography! You'll learn lots here and don't worry if you don't have a "fancy" camera - you can do lots with a point and shoot!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search