Christine..

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
How did your first paid shoot go???

Hope it went well and you are able to share!!!
March 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It went good I think. My problem is I learn things from each shoot, even tiny things, and sometimes I don't remember to do anything about them the next time.

Like, before this shoot, I brought down a fuzzy blanket that I like to put on the "wood" flooring, it looks like a rug, just for something different than the 2 floors I have. I forgot all about it. And there are a few poses I want to do, and totally didn't! (I knew this girl couldn't stand/walk on her own, but I like to get one of her holding each of the parent's hands). Oh well. I'll make sure to think more next Saturday. That is my first paid stranger! (Still friend of a friend though).

Oh, and I moved my "studio" to my basement (it had been too cold down there since we don't keep the heat as high as the main floor). So I need to move the lighting, it was flat and I don't see many catchlights. Addison will love playing with that setup all week

Here was one of my faves (and a small cakesmash storyboard). She was SOOO cute!

Now I'll hold my breath she orders prints LOL

March 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Looks great Christine!!! You did a great job!!! I bet the mom is thrilled!

I still forget some poses and kick myself after for not doing them.. I usually write down a list prior to the shoot to make sure I remember!
March 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your first paid shoot!!!! Pics look really nice :-)

March 14th, 2011, 11:08 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You did a wonderful job! Those are so cute!

And I do the exact same thing! My mind will be racing with ideas way before a shoot (like weeks) and then even in the hours leading up to the shoot im still all creative, and then when they get here I lose half of my ideas I swear!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Christine, I think you're doing so GOOD!

With me, I tend to get annoyed at myself after a session, and realize I missed a shot or two, but I stress big time right before the session, thinking about ALL the shots I'd like to get, and trying to record them all for the day of the session.
March 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Talk about stressing before a session......my stomach always gets upset lol This time, I was a little rushed (trying to get DH and DD out the door before they came), although I was set up and everything, I just wanted to sit and relax for a few. I found myself (literally) looking in the mirror saying "it's going to go great, it's going to go great" LOL!!

March 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine-MA View Post
Talk about stressing before a session......my stomach always gets upset lol This time, I was a little rushed (trying to get DH and DD out the door before they came), although I was set up and everything, I just wanted to sit and relax for a few. I found myself (literally) looking in the mirror saying "it's going to go great, it's going to go great" LOL!!

Awww that's so cute that you were doing affirmations in the mirror - that made me smile

March 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about writing a little list to peek at during the session. I do this all the time!
For your first paid session, they look great!

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search