Great board

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2006, 08:23 PM
NCMomma2BE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone, I am not a photographer, but I do have a passion for the art. I've been lurking around here checking out all of your pictures and I just wanted to compliment you all on the enormous talent that I've seen here

I was wondering how you all got started. I would love to get into the photography business, but unfortunately I never took any classes or anything and I have no idea how to go about getting into it.

Thanks for any replies and keep up the awesome work!

~Sara

<div align="center"></div>

*We loved you from the very start, you stole our breath, embraced our hearts. Our life together has just begun, the most precious gift, our little one!*</span>
<span style="color:#3366FF">~Sara~ Mommy to Rylee 6.30.06, wife to Chris 1.6.04 & married on 1.24.07
June 26th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS...you will have a new little person to photograph soon, how fun!

I'm not in the biz yet, but would love to be someday, just wanted to say welcome.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
June 26th, 2006, 11:04 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
Thanks for the compliments!!

You are very welcome to join us here it doesn't matter how much experience you have! This is a great way to learn...!!

I never took any photography classes and now I'm doing it for a living. I just taught myself and practiced a ton....

Photography is something that just takes lots and lots of practice!!
I don't think you have to take classes for it. I believe that if you are truly talented in photography, you will learn on your own all the technicalities.

I have always loved taking pics, but I didn't start doing photography..like the professional looking setups until my daughter was born last July. Since then I've really developed a passion for it and I've just practiced my butt off!! And my business has really taken off and it's so great!!

I learned just by doing a lot of reading and by getting more experienced photographers to critique my pictures and tell me what areas needed improving.

You should have seen my earliest work....it's sad, sad, sad. And what's hilarious is that I thought they were awesome!! HAHA!
But that's part of the reward....looking back to see how much you have improved.

I hope you'll join us here. Feel free to jump in and request critiques on your photos. There's plenty of very talented ladies here that would be more than willing to help you out with any questions you have.

Hope to see you around!

June 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Veteran
I agree. Post a photo and get critiques. Do lots of reading, and practice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search