How do you store your pics?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have all and I mean ALL my pics just on my puter right now and it makes me a nervous wreck...I have my archival gold, 300 year CD's right here, waiting to be used, but can't seem to get it done. My ONLY consolation if my puter crashed would be that I've uploaded most all of my "good" pics to Kodak to have printed...but still, there would be tons I'd lose too. I've GOT to get this done!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
June 29th, 2006, 02:24 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when i get to it i put my pics on c.d (at least 2 incase something happens to 1 c.d)

June 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have them on my hard drive, but I also have them backed up to a memory stick and I have CD's as well. (I'm a little uptight when it comes to backing up because I've learned my lesson the hard way!)
June 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Veteran
I lost the first 3 years worth of pictures for my DH and I life together. I lost precious vacation pictures and so forth. So I am very adiment about backing up my pics.

I put them on CD, I put them on an external jump drive which I keep in a fire-proof safe, and I store them online at www.winkflash.com, plus I print out the ones that mean the most.

Although, I haven't backed up in a while, been to sick and tired to care, but gonna do it today now that you reminded me !
June 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have then on cd in our fireproof safe (consumer reports warns that disks, even archival ones, are still prone to data degradation in only a few years even though they are advertised to last much longer. They are still subject to damage by humidity heat etc. They recommend magnetic storage which has a much longer time before degradation of data) and I have them online at photoworks and on 3 different hard drives.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search