New Here

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Hi all, I am Holly (age 27). I am married to Scott who is 32. I am a SAHM but make a little extra money on the side taking pictures for people. I use my digital camera and take the pictures for a small fee. When they see the pictures on the computer, we decide what pictures they want and what size then I take it somewhere to print it out and charge them the cost of the printing. When I get things set up more, I am going to get a photo printer.
I would like to be able to stay home with my kids so my DH actually suggested this as a way for me to bring in a little income also. I have always done this as an amateur but am going to get serious doing it. I mainly did it because not a lot of people I know have a digital camera and they would ask me. My best friend has 7 kids and it would cost a fortune for her to get the pictures done in a studio so she has me taking pictures of her kids for her.
Most recently I did the candid pictures for the Daddy/Daughter dance at the school my kids attend and then made up a posterboard to hang up in the hallway. It was awesome to do a project like that!
I have an outdoor wedding next month already lined up and they have requested the pictures be done in black & white, which my camera is capable of doing. I am not the official photographer for my SIL's wedding in September but will also be taking candids there.
My best friend is having her 8th child in January so she has asked me if I would take the pictures right after birth. I told her I would be honored to.

So those are the things I have lined up for now.

I am hoping to get some tips and ideas on how to make the pictures come out really wonderful!

July 6th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Holly...I know you!!!

You sound like you have plenty to keep you busy, that's awesome! The Daddy/Daughter Dance would have been fun!

Just a suggestion for your upcoming wedding, and the pros on here may or may not agree so hopefully they'll jump in if I'm wrong, have you considered shooting your pics in color and then converting them after the fact?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Quote:
Hey Holly...I know you!!!

You sound like you have plenty to keep you busy, that's awesome! The Daddy/Daughter Dance would have been fun!

Just a suggestion for your upcoming wedding, and the pros on here may or may not agree so hopefully they'll jump in if I'm wrong, have you considered shooting your pics in color and then converting them after the fact?
[/b]

Hey I know you too Dava!

The Daddy/Daughter dance was a blast to do. Is there a place I can put them up on here? I can show you all the neat things I captured. A lot are of my DD & DH but got some really good shots of the games and some of the daddy's & daughters slow dancing.

I was thinking the same thing about shooting the wedding in color because in my experience it is easier to convert to black & white than to convert to color. Since I save the pictures to a disk I can then change them and save both and then they can pick & choose what they want in both color & black & white. I think black & white is better for the more intimate moments.

I decided I needed some new things to keep me busy AND bring in a little extra money.

July 6th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh, I'd love to see them...you can upload them to Photobucket and then just use the IMG code like you do with blinkies and such.

I was thinking along the same lines with the b&w, plus, they may *think* they want all b&w but you never know what shot you might capture that looks beautiful in color.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM
OK I will upload them to show you. I will have to resize them of course. When I printed them out, I used the printer dock. But I want to get a regular photo printer so I can print different sizes instead of just 4X6 prints.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search