Critique me please:)

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Here is a link to my few photo shoot I've done please give me honest opinion. I've only been doing this for like a month.

Denise Stricklind Photography | SmugMug

December 11th, 2011, 06:34 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Hi There! Welcome

I think your photographs are nice for starting out and pb'ing. Are you offering free sessions or paid?

You have been doing photography for a month? I think its very hard to consider yourself a photographer after just doing it a month. I feel your photographs are good, but I would say if its only been a month, you should really read a lot, learn about your lighting, rule of thirds, composition and such. I think a lot of people go out and buy a camera and make a website and become a "photographer" (not saying this is what you have done). It takes time to learn your camera and a lot of the in's and outs of photography.

I hope I am not sounding harsh at all, I think you have promise as a photographer, but I would just suggest taking things one step at a time. (I only say this because you stated you have only been doing this a month). Still like I said, nice pictures for p'bing!!
December 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say you have a good start. Your exposure and white balance are all over the place though. Exposure is hard to learn, you have to figure it out for yourself, but you will like your photos so much more when you learn it. It looks like you are playing it safe with a pretty tight aperture so I would recommend opening it up a bit and playing with the focus and getting up close with your subjects. Everything seems so posed, try catching some candid stuff. Also, learning how to use a reflector would help you with shadows on the faces. I would definitely keep practicing and reading as much as you can. I don't think you are ready to be charging so I would try getting some free, portfolio building sessions to learn with.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
December 13th, 2011, 11:36 AM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
think most of your photos are a little underexposed. The faces of the subjects are pretty dark, and most of the ones I clicked on were pretty cool.

You should pick a few photos, and post them and your settings on here... it's too hard to give critiques on a website worth of photos. I'd love to critique a few on here!!! It would be much easier to give CC, and helpful to have specifics that people can point out/help you with

I think with a couple tweaks your photos could really pop Great start!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search