Love this age... they can sit, and not crawl away!

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 12:50 PM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had friends over the other day and the dad is a plumber and we need a new hot water tank installed... so we did a little switch of services! He is going to install our tank, and I'm going to do 2 mini sessions for them and give them the CD with rights for both.
We did the first session on Monday, and I have to say, I LOVE THIS AGE! He was 9 1/2 months old, and in that great age where he can sit for a LONG time, but he isn't crawling yet.
All shot with 1 AB800 with a softbox.
Here are some faves:

Okay, does anyone see a difference in skin tone in #1 and #3? These two were from the jpeg file, and the rest were from the RAW file... the RAW ones seem to have a grey cast to them, or at least to me they do.... am I crazy? Or is it there?

And how do I fix it to get rid of the grey?

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

January 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Okay, someone on a different board told me that I should be saving the files as sRGB to save for web... here is the difference:

RGB:

sRGB:

HUGE DIFFERENCE!

So, here are the other two:

Last edited by IansMom; January 5th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
January 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
Adorable! I was going to suggest check your color profile that you're saving under....but I was viewing from my phone before and wanted to see them on the computer first. Glad you figured it out!

the only thing I see is I would see if there is any way you can get rid of the dirty spots on the older boys sock in the first one....not a huge deal but for me it would be the difference between one I could display on the wall in a huge size or not....probably something the average person wouldnt even notice tho lol

January 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2baylee&levi View Post

the only thing I see is I would see if there is any way you can get rid of the dirty spots on the older boys sock in the first one....not a huge deal but for me it would be the difference between one I could display on the wall in a huge size or not....probably something the average person wouldnt even notice tho lol
Thanks so much! Usually I get them to take their socks off, but this guy had some "unsightly growths" on his feet and so they didn't want to take them off. But I will try to clean them up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search