Sharing my girl again!

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
She turned 8 mons old! Ah! A friend wanted some pics of the onsie and headband for her etsy shop..unfortunately, lil miss is now crawling and it was hard keeping her on the backdrop without my assitant (aka dh) helping out haha! Plus the older kids (hers and mine) were playing and everything was just so rushed so they didnt turn out quite as well as I wanted them to. Plus I need new lights or something blah! Think they are okay?

I like how sad she is LOL. She was DONE with my pictures. She was having stranger danger i think bc she just wanted to be in my lap haha.

darn chopped toe!

The baby was REALLY fussy and she FINALLY got him to sleep and the only we could move him was to keep him on the blanket & paci haha. We plan to get together again soon and do more photos! He fussed in between pics too so it was really rushed and im not to satisfied with the pics..but still cute.

So i'm hoping to start getting some props & backdrops etc over the next few months and then start getting some more people to take pics of for more practice. I've got a blanket im hoping will still be on sale fri that would be cute for newborn pics! I'm also doing a friends newborn pics once he is born at the end of the month or so and im so excited!

January 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that the one of your daughter on the grey are pretty good.. .it so hard when time is rushed, as I think everyone feels it. I would try to crop the last one of her on the grey so she is off centered... leave more room to the left of her so she has some looking room. I wonder if your lights are set too high as well... the only shot she has a catchlight in her eye are the ones where she's looking up. If you lower your light a bit you will get more light in her eyes more often.

Cute baby, but as you know the paci is so distracting. As well, I would try stretching your white blanket and clamping it to a chair (or having the mom hold it) so that you have a solid white background. It puts the focus more on the baby.

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

January 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
January 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
I think that the one of your daughter on the grey are pretty good.. .it so hard when time is rushed, as I think everyone feels it. I would try to crop the last one of her on the grey so she is off centered... leave more room to the left of her so she has some looking room. I wonder if your lights are set too high as well... the only shot she has a catchlight in her eye are the ones where she's looking up. If you lower your light a bit you will get more light in her eyes more often.

Cute baby, but as you know the paci is so distracting. As well, I would try stretching your white blanket and clamping it to a chair (or having the mom hold it) so that you have a solid white background. It puts the focus more on the baby.
I can recrop it so there's more room to the left of her but there wasnt any on the bottom, unfortunately. It was hard to keep her in the same spot and distracted while i backed up and snapped the pic haha!

I will def make sure the lights are lowered. I know the one to the right was lowered but the one behind me wasn't i dont think!

And paci is def distracting, agree!! I will keep that in mind about the blanket. It was all just really rushed and we didnt think he would cooperate once she laid him down since he was really fussy. That's why the blanket etc wasn't fixed too well bc we were hurrying When they come back over, hopefully the pics will come out better and everything wont feel so "rushed"

ETA- Thank you for the input

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search