:( totallybummed

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so i might be over reacting and maybe shouldn't care but i'm kind of hurt by this. So a friend of mine had a baby last month and i went to visit her at the hospital and took pics after the baby was born....she loved them....i never charged her or what ever and i was excited to get a chance to take some when the baby got home. I never mentioned anything about money...i was going to do it as a friend. So we set a day and then she all the sudden became busy...fine...i was bummed but nothing i can do. They baby will me a month old in 3 days and she just posted a random thing on facebook saying she did a mini photoshoot with her son...she has one of those small digital cameras...she posted a pic...i personally didn't like it because she had a bear with him and the first thing that caught my eye was the bear and not the baby...but she's also not a photographer...........anyways i guess i'm just bummed that she would do that instead of me taking pics for her. She did this when she was pregnant to, we were going to do photos and then she went away for 2 days and posts a few pics a random friend did for her which again i never cared for. So for now i'm just not going to offer to take pics for her because i feel like she just doesn't care. I haven't told her how i felt or anything, but i am a bit annoyed that we plan to do this stuff and she just does whatever. Am i over reacting? Sorry for the random post/vent....i was just really hoping to get some new pics under my belt and it totally never happend

January 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should have offered to take them. If it were me I would feel like I was taking advantage of you if I just assumed or asked you to do more photos. Speak up, tell her you WANT to take them! I am sure she would be happy to hear it.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
January 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I did offer, i offered to to pregnancy shots and newborn shots....she knows i want to do them but i'm not going to offer again. I did both times and this is what happends.

January 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
people dont respect free (most people) dont waste your time...most free shoots I've offered end up being more of a hassle than anything....I would probably be a bit hurt but I wouldnt let it get you down

January 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that people don't respect free...
It would have been great if it had worked out, but I agree with you about not chasing her. Seems like she's either too busy, or too flaky to commit.

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

January 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I only offer once or twice at the most...after that too bad. You would think that getting nice free pics would be a bonus.....you'd think! I know if i had any of you ladies offer me pics i'd do it in a heartbeat. It's hard to do family shots alone...and i never go to in store studios cause i hate them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search