He Melted My Heart...

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 02:07 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
I was contacted by a mother who had just got home with her 34 week preemie, he was in the ICU (not NICU) for a week.. he was breathing on his own, eating on his own.. etc he was basically there for a week because she had a c section and for his weight and jaundice.. it was SO neat since my Hunter (who is 4 next week, holy cow!) is as well a 34 weeker.. but Hunter was born at a big 6lbs 19 inches (big for 34 weeks anyways).. this little guy was only 4lbs and 17 inches! we did his session on his 2nd day at home.. it was really surreal! i was a little afraid to hold him, he breathed really heavily so i was a little panicky asking his mama if that was normal for him.. she said he just has a more rapid heart rate because of being preemie (i guess?)... Hunter was like your norm newborn really, he had a little trouble at first breathing on his own and keeping his temp up on his own.. but otherwise he stayed in the room with me the whole time, went home with me as well.. so this was very different for me!!
we are planning to do another session within the week or so.. apparently she wants to get some props she just ordered in some pictures, and Daddy wasnt able to be home at the time i had available and we would really like some shots to compare baby to so you can really compare to see just HOW small this little guy was! his thighs were no bigger than 2 fingers, his back width was the size of my forearm.. he was amazing!

anyways, onto the pictures!

Kaiden 070 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

Kaiden 076 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

Kaiden 098 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

Kaiden 112 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

Kaiden 141 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

Kaiden 160 by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

thought this would be neat to share with ya!

Kaidencomposites by tasha_m1071, on Flickr

oh PS.. the little suitcase is much smaller than a reg one... and the book is the same size of a 'real', big encyclopedia if that gives any idea for a comparison!
January 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i guess the mothers hand holding his head and his arms together in the composite shots short of gives an idea!
January 19th, 2012, 04:44 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
wow, he is so tiny!!!
January 19th, 2012, 07:49 AM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, amazing girl! You're rocking these babes! And I LOVE the book/suitcase one. Where did you find the suitcase?

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

January 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Michael's actually!! they were 30% off!!! it's not a real suitcase.. more like a really thick paperlike material.. its not wood, not cardboard.. well it's like cardboard minus the air pocket structure that cardboard has! so it's super light, but really sturdy!

i got the suitcase, two books (one like this, the other a little different).. and a box for girls that has Paris and Paris landmarks and what not all over it!
January 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
He's so cute and small! I love the pics!

January 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Natasha... I went to Michaels here and they had one left only of each... I got them! I hope you don't mind if I try out your idea on Saturday!

January 20th, 2012, 01:03 AM
oh no, of course not!! i can't wait to see whatcha get!!!! PS if you have a faux furr blanket/fabric i'd SO use that instead if you could!! i have two.. but totally spaced grabbing it on the way out!
January 20th, 2012, 07:53 AM
The little dude that I am shooting is already 20 days old, so he might be too old to try this... but I do have two more newborns coming up within the month.
Thanks! I do have a faux fur... I'll have to try it out!

January 20th, 2012, 07:49 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG.... how sweet is he!!!! Amazing as usual!

January 21st, 2012, 12:09 AM
thank you ladies!!!

Kim, he may be able to do it!! I had a 3 week old a couple months ago who did WAY better than he did at 1 1/2 and 2 weeks old!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search