dam red eye!

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By .H.e.a.t.h.e.r.
  • 1 Post By twoboys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so i used my 50mm f1.8 today and all my pics had red eye...wth! never had this happen before. Maybe it's the lens and i'm not used to it? How can I stop it from happening and how can i get rid of red eye in photoshop?

January 31st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
don't use flash.
January 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
It won't let me not use it, it keeps popping up....plus i've used flash plenty of times with this lens and others and have never gotten red eye.

January 31st, 2012, 03:32 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
you should be able to turn off the flash, look at your manual and it should tell you. There is a tool in the tool bar on the left in photoshop, it looks like an eye and it takes out red eye.
Natalya'sMommy likes this.
January 31st, 2012, 04:58 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
you can chose not to use the flash.. to do it easily.. don't use auto lol
January 31st, 2012, 11:15 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
exactly bump out of auto and turn flash off

February 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
I don't use auto on my camera. Thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
you should be able to turn off the flash, look at your manual and it should tell you. There is a tool in the tool bar on the left in photoshop, it looks like an eye and it takes out red eye.
hmm, i'm not seeing that.

February 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
it may be on one of the items that you have to right click to get more options....look for the items in your toolbar that have the little black arrow on the corner below it and right click those and see if you find your red eye.....

I dont know what camera you are using.....my flash only pops up on its own in auto...otherwise I have to manually hit the button if I want it....but there should be an option in your manual to turn it off.....

February 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
in my tool bar its right beside the spot healing brush (bandaid looking one) it's a little red eyeball with a + above it

February 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an older version of photoshop that doesnt have the red eye tool.

What I do is zoom in and make a selection around the red area in the eye. Then I desaturate it and adjust the contrast so it isnt extremely black but darker than the gray scaled red is. That way you can keep any highlights that are there but still get rid of the red.

If you need to use your on camera flash I would recommend diffusing the light somehow so it's not so harsh. You can buy something like this...
http://www.amazon.com/Gary-Fong-Puff.../dp/B0011000R6

You can also search for DIY ones that you can make yourself out of things you usually have around the house.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
February 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2baylee&levi View Post
in my tool bar its right beside the spot healing brush (bandaid looking one) it's a little red eyeball with a + above it

hmm, looks like i don't have it. Beside mine is a paint brush. I've clicked on everything. But it's ok, i googled videos for it and found an ok way on how to do it. Thanks

February 1st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what setting do you use if it's not auto then? flash definitely doesn't pop up on manual.
February 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I believe flash pops on program mode too? If you're not comfortable in manual mode, try Aperture or Shutter Priority. It shouldn't have to do with the lens though....just the lighting.

Hmm, maybe it doesn't pop on Program mode, I just tried it

February 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
I have an older version of photoshop that doesnt have the red eye tool.

What I do is zoom in and make a selection around the red area in the eye. Then I desaturate it and adjust the contrast so it isnt extremely black but darker than the gray scaled red is. That way you can keep any highlights that are there but still get rid of the red.

If you need to use your on camera flash I would recommend diffusing the light somehow so it's not so harsh. You can buy something like this...
Amazon.com: Gary Fong Puffer Pop Up Flash Diffuser - CANON/NIKON: Camera & Photo

You can also search for DIY ones that you can make yourself out of things you usually have around the house.
Thanks

Oh yes, I diffuse my flash all the time, I just use paper or a business card love that trick lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .H.e.a.t.h.e.r. View Post
what setting do you use if it's not auto then? flash definitely doesn't pop up on manual.

I have it on the portrait setting...just tried it again and it popped up. and it did on AF and MF.

Last edited by Ryan and Alex's Mommy; February 1st, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
February 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well I didn't mean manual focus. The manual setting. It won't pop up on that unless you tell it to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search