Hey Newborn photographers!

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need a poser. Like a bean bag poser. I have seen all the ones that are made just for photography but I really don't want to spend $75-$100+ on one when I don't photograph that many newborns. I have looked at regular kids bean bags and I can get one for $20-$30 and I would have to buy some extra fill (at least that is what the internet tells me).

I am just wondering what ya'll use. If you did buy a newborn poser did it come filled? Most of them don't even come with filling and that stuff isn't cheap either. I am looking for that cheap, easy, miracle thing that works perfectly. ;-)

In the past I have used boppy pillows but I hate them, they don't move like I want them to.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
February 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a cheap vinyl one from Sears... like a teenager beanbag chair. It came filled, for $40. I used it for 2 years, but honestly, it's gotten to the point that I am bringing a huge extra throw pillow to lay on top to get the firmness I want and that's a pain. So, I broke down, bought a posing beanbag, unfilled, and then looked on Craigslist for free packing peanuts that people were giving away. I've filled half the bag for free, and now will go out and buy 1 or 2 more bags to fill it all the way.

The poser is going to be a lot less hassle and I wish I had gone that way at the start.

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

February 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
How firm do you want it? I have been looking for videos that show people molding them and getting them ready for a shoot but I can't find any. They all seem to skip that part. From what I can see, they look really firm, like they wouldn't have much give to the them.

I have also been hearing people talking about taking the cheap bags and tying the excess bag up in a hair tie. I thought about getting one that needs stuffing and filling the bottom with regular pillow stuffing and leaving the beads at the top. Or even taking a pillow and shoving it in there to take up that extra room.

I might be more inclined to buy a poser if the dang thing came filled.

www.leannebraniff.com
February 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
I have a cheap beanbag from target....one day I will buy another bag of fill ....until then I just take one of the clamps I use on my background stand and roll up the excess on the bottom and clamp it...it works fine so far

I like it fairly firm so it will hold its shape and u can mold it how I want it. I still use a booty pillow on top if it alot and i probably wouldn't have to if I added more fill

February 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks gals. I appreciate the help.

www.leannebraniff.com
February 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
and not a booty pillow....hahaha stupid auto correct....this is why I dont post from my phone often lol

February 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
IansMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL.. I was wondering what a booty pillow was!

The beanbag should be fairly firm so that they don't sink into it, but when I fill my normal beanbag to how I want it, its not flat enough on the top. A hair tie could work though, but I think I'm going to love my new beanbag even more.

www.kimculbert.com - kim culbert photography
capture life ~ capture moments ~ capture love

February 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I have lately been using a coffee table or ottoman at the clients home.. I just make sure its padded with blankets and I have a boppy I use too and its awesome.. I have gotten some great shots using that, its so firm yet soft because of the padding of blankets!! You should try it instead of investing in a beanbag!!
February 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
I have lately been using a coffee table or ottoman at the clients home.. I just make sure its padded with blankets and I have a boppy I use too and its awesome.. I have gotten some great shots using that, its so firm yet soft because of the padding of blankets!! You should try it instead of investing in a beanbag!!
I keep meaning to drag my ottoman from my living room and give it a try....but I never do it....I should try it next time I have a newborn at my house....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
LOL.. I was wondering what a booty pillow was!

The beanbag should be fairly firm so that they don't sink into it, but when I fill my normal beanbag to how I want it, its not flat enough on the top. A hair tie could work though, but I think I'm going to love my new beanbag even more.
lol a booty pillow is what you get when you fail to read things before you post them if you have me on FB you would see lol I am always posting weird things cus auto correct hates me lol

February 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I got one from target the other day bc we just can not afford to pay 75+ for a bean bag atm. I'll figure out a way to make it work tho LOL.

February 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i got a puck sack on amazon for like $4... then bought about 3-50oz?? bags of poly fill.. and stuffed.. costed a total of like $25!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search