We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
If you are in business....how do you handle no shows?
My Policy is to get a deposit at booking....but I slacked this time....
I got a call friday afternoon asking about a newborn session....she booked for sunday morning....I was super busy friday night and all of saturday so I didn't push on getting the deposit up front...I was just going to let her pay it sunday morning....
I talked she left me a voicemail saturday afternoon and they were still planning on coming (I was at a basketball game and didnt hear my phone...there was no reason for me to call her back...sooo I didn't...but her voicemail said see you in the morning so I knew she was planning on being there)
fast forward to sunday morning....I set up my newborn setup (at my home) kicked my family out....got my inlaws to babysit....and sat and waited....their session was scheduled for 10am....I waited until 10:30 and then called them....no answer...I left a voicemail....no returned call....nothing...so around 11:15 I packed everything back up and went to hang out with my family.
This afternoon I was running errands and my 3 year old was having a major meltdown in the middle of a store and my phone starts ringing (funny how that always happens) so I sent it to voicemail....it was this client....she left a voicemail saying she apologizes for not showing up and is serious about getting this session done and was wondering when they could reschedule for.
I havent called her back yet because I'm not sure how I want to handle it yet. I SAID I wouldn't reschedule when I was mad over them not showing....
I offered a special price that I am having right now....
If i reschedule them the special pricing will no longer be valid. I've already gone out of my way to squeeze them in for one session AND gave them the special and they didn't show and didn't call....
IF I reschedule The deposit will be required (as per my usual policy) before their date will be reserved......no exception.....
I am still trying to build up clientel in my area....most of my clients have been friends or friends of friends....sooo it would be nice to be branching out a little from this circle....but I am still kinda irked at them not even bothering to call when they werent coming.
soooo would you reschedule them? or what is your policy regarding no shows (this is my first no show!) I'm really suprised she even bothered trying to call and resched. and if I reschedule is it rude to revoke the special pricing?
That is so frustrating! I haven't had a no show before, so I'm not sure how I would handle it. I also don't get a deposit upfront, but it sounds like you normally do and that's a great practice to get into.
You'll have to call her back, and since you're trying to build clientele you have to try to be nice. *smile*
BUT I would tell her that you do have time to reschedule, but unfortunately your special is no longer running so the full fee is $ x amount, and a deposit will be required to hold the spot. I think what you've said above is the right way to go about it, although it sucks having to be nice to people who obviously had no regard for you or your business on the day of the shoot.
Lol I know I am gunna have to be nice I just wanted to figure out to say....its gunna be after spring break until I can fit them in again tho which isn't a huge deal cus the baby is not a newborn...he's months old
As much as I hate to even offer to reschedule them I know I need to since I am trying to build clientele. Oh well...I will just call and tell them I have this date/time I can fit you in...deposit required...and the special is no longer running. Take it or leave it......nicer than that tho.
I am assuming something came up.....which I understand.....but is itthe hard to pick up the phone and just call and tell me?? Ugh....I guess I am gunna have to call her back today haha
Well i called her back and talke to the babys mom. I decided ti just make it inconvienant to reschedule in hopes they wouldnt. I told her i couldnt fit her back in until april 15th15th and i needed her deposit ti hold her spot. I guess they didnt want to waiit that long which is what i was hoping for.
I got a notification from thunbtack.com tjat she had posted a request for a photog. Glad shes not my prob anymore. I dont really wanna work with someone who will just not show