Help with prom photography?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! I was asked to do a photo shoot for a couple going to prom this weekend, and I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around it. The mom who scheduled the shoot made it clear that they are JUST friends...and the girl is only a freshman - she is and looks very young. (Despite the short, tight dress.) I've been looking and looking at prom photography online for posing ideas, and I'm coming up a little short. I'm definitely not a pro, and I've never done prom pics before. We're hoping to be outside (gorgeous location with gazebo, antique-y park benches and street lights, brick buildings, stone ruins, etc.) but may well end up indoors (who knows where) since the weather is supposed to be nasty that day.

So...pose suggestions? Any tips? Between friends/young/weather, I'm already plenty nervous.
April 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For that I would probably look to fashion photography for inspiration. Especially when short skirts are involved...you may be able to find poses that work with a short dress. As for shots with the date I would make it fun. A few formal shots but then have them goof around, have them dance, etc.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search