Does your DH/SO support you...

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
In your hobby/profession of Photography?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 19th, 2006, 11:46 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely. He sometimes thinks I bite off more than I can chew b/c at any one time I have a dozen things going lol... but he thinks its really neat. And luckily, he doesnt complain too much about me spending money on it (unless things are tight) lol

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 19th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
yes, he took out a quick loan so i could buy my slr when i really really needed it. He wants me to teach him to use it too. but he's 100% behind me as long as it makes me happy. he helps me out with my equiptment when i have a shoot.
July 19th, 2006, 01:30 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes and no, to support me means he can't play with the camera Just kidding. He is supportive. He takes credit for all the good pictures but his definition of good is perfect straight from the camera so it keeps me on my toes trying to better myself. Now I just need a voice recorder so I can state my shots on vacations and stuff so he can't steal them.

July 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes and no. he doesn't stop me from doing it. he has bought me all kinds of neat toys for the camera,
but he doesn't help at shoots or anything like that. he thinks i take way to many pictures of the girls LOL
he gets annoyed at me cause i have the camera on me at all times LOL
July 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes. He's not ready to let me go full-time yet. He just needs the security of me having benefits and a steady paycheck from my "real" job. He starts complaining if I spend too much time on my photography and not enough time with him and the boys. Understandable though. He likes the extra money though when I am busy. It's a catch-22 situation with him.
July 19th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH is pretty supportive, but like Sherri's DH, he thinks I take WAY too many pics. That's the joy of digital though, you can take a million and only print the ones you want.

</div>
July 19th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's my business partner, so yes

July 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
NicoleR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NicoleR Send a message via Yahoo to NicoleR
Very supportive ... as long as I'm not aiming the camera at him, lol
July 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely! He is really the professional photographer in the family. Even though I have some experience I still consider myself in the "learning process". Dh is extremely talented and photography/videography is his life (and career). It was dh's idea to open up our own photography business, so photography is a huge part of our life.

<div align="center"></div>
July 19th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome that so many of you do it with your DH, that would be cool!

</div>
July 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Super Mommy
Mine is all for it as long as it keeps paying for the camera. But he is just happy that I have finally found something that I have a passion for.

</div>
July 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Yes, and he is my biggest fan!! He always helps with shoots, especially last year when I was extremely busy and pregnant!
July 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My DH is 100% supportive and even talking to his company about me coming in and taking candids for the company slideshow at Christmas. He is the one who talked to his sister, though I am not the "official" photographer for her wedding, I will be taking candids of people while the official one is busy getting pictures of the bride & groom.
He is planning on this being a business for me, so I can work as needed and still bring in some money. He is planning on buying me some new lenses for the camera, a specialty printer and a few other things so I can start doing this professionally. Oh ya he is going through my old photos and saying how this picture and that picture will look good in my portfolio.
He has never supported me doing a home business before but he sees this is something I can be pretty good at, instead of direct sales.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search