Does this look like a good deal?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2006, 09:55 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Figured most of you ladies know a little more than me so Id ask for your opinion/advice on this.

Check out this camera & price & tell me if you think its a good deal. Its the best Ive found by far, but was hoping I wasnt missing a significant detail. And, the place has good ratings from buyers.

http://www.bluestripephoto.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=2267

Wasnt sure if I should go with a better camera since their prices seem so reasonable...

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I think it looks like a really good deal, just do a little more shopping around. Also, compare the accessories too because some of those might be cheaper somewhere else, while you get the actual camera from a different company.

July 20th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Annie's Avatar Super Mommy
Have you tried ebay? I got mine from there and it's the same camera that you're looking at with the 18-55 kit lens. I got mine for a real bargain as things like cameras cost an absolute fortune over here in the uk

The price you have quoted there exchanges to 333.69 (British pounds) Over here to get the same camera it would cost 558 which is $1,031.62

Bet you're glad you're in the States now lol
July 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That looks like a great deal, I'm not sure about the company though, I've never heard of them. NOT saying they're not reputable, don't think that.

I HAVE bought from here several times, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...oughType=search and I know they're very good.

What lens are planning on getting with it?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to buy my 30D from this place because the price was so good, but decided to go with someone that's been around longer than a month. I just didn't get a good feeling from them. I ordered from B&H Photo Video because their reputation is top notch and I know they have good service too. Oh, and the pricing at that place is really high! At least double what other reputible placed are charging for shipping.

Also, lots of the times these places turn in their own comments to make themselves look good. That's why I opted not to go through them, just because they are so new and I don't trust the good comments until they've been around awhile.

If you do end up buying there let me know how it goes. They have some other stuff that I need to get soon.
July 21st, 2006, 07:17 AM
Super Mommy
I would do some seachring around about them. When your letting go of that kind of money, I would do some checking besides the good comments on the site. ITs easy to fake those.

Another vote for b&h here. They have awesome customer service, and great quality.

</div>
July 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, be very cautious with deals that seem too good to be true. I've hear horror stories of people being harassed to get them to buy additional items with the camera, etc. I love B&H and have always had fantastic service from them.

July 21st, 2006, 01:02 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I havent found any negative reviews *yet* but Ill do a little more checking & in the meanwhile Ill try the site you ladies suggested

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search