Where to get digital pictures printed

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Kangaroo510
I know this has probably already been covered a few times but I didn't get a chance to search too far back.

Can somebody suggest a few places to get digital pictures printed and enlarged? Also, can you tell me about your experiences with these companies and if they don't list prices, could you fill me in on those too? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
July 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Veteran
I have had the best luck with mpix.com. They are always very professional. I have used ezprints.com before, they have quality prints, but not the best customer service.
July 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
NicoleR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NicoleR Send a message via Yahoo to NicoleR
May seem silly to some, but I have used WalMart lately (not the Kodak print-your-own machine, but their digital lab) and have been pleased with the results. I've used Snapfish in the past, as well as Kodak, and they weren't bad either. For right now WM just works best for me because it is cheap and fast.
July 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can order them online from Walgreens.com and pick them up in a hour! They are only $.19 each also.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
July 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use photoworks.com they're pretty good. I really like them

July 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I either go to WalGreens or WalMart. I upload them there and shop while I wait. I love it!

July 20th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
i might be biased bc i work in the lab but i LOVE walmart. when i take pics for clients i develop them there (even before i worked there) i went to a "professional" place and they were so dingy. but i like shutterfly, snapfish, photoworks and dotphoto so far. all i've had so far is the free ones they give when you sign up the quality is good.
July 20th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My next set of pics I order will be from MPix, just because I'm dying to try them...almost everyone I know who has used them, LOVES them and never uses anyone else.

I currently use Kodak...here's what I did to help me decide...I picked out about 15 photos, ordered them from 3 places, Snapfish, Shutterfly & Kodak and when they came in, I layed them all side by side to see who's was the best. Kodak was by far the best, Snapfish was a close second and Shutterfly's quality sucked in comparison. If you weren't comparing side by side Snapfish's would look pretty good and Shutterfly's would probably be ok...BUT like I said, in comparison, you could REALLY see the difference. Anywho, if you can, I would suggest doing that, pic some places to try and order sets of all the exact same pics...it doesn't even have to be that many pics, you could probably do 5 or 10 and get a good judge from that, I'm sure.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 21st, 2006, 04:22 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
May seem silly to some, but I have used WalMart lately (not the Kodak print-your-own machine, but their digital lab) and have been pleased with the results. I've used Snapfish in the past, as well as Kodak, and they weren't bad either. For right now WM just works best for me because it is cheap and fast.[/b]

same here
i have tried alot of pro places around me, and walmart seemst o e the best. i orderthem online and pick them up at teh local store they are ready within the hr. cheap and the color is awesome!!
But i must say i have 4 walmarts right around me and only 2 are wrth using/ so you may want to try yours first.
July 21st, 2006, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
Another vote for MPIX here. They are more expensive, but so worth it. Plus their turnaround is amazing. They ahve fixed price shipping, so no matter if you order 10 prints or 150 prints, its still 4.95.

I'm still wanting to try WHCC, but their ordering process seems to be a bit harder.

</div>
July 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an account with WHCC. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I have also used MPIX. I ordered our family picture on a canvas from them and it turned out great. I love the choices MPIX has too. You can order on metallic and they have odd sizes as well. Great turn-around as well. I use WHCC because their shipping is free as long as your order total is over $12.00. If it is under $12.00 they just round it up to $12.00, at least that's the way I understand it.
July 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
Hey I didn't kno that aout WHCC. Did you get the canvas from Mpix or WHCC??? I've been working on getthing that "perfect" picture for a canvas, and I was going to try Simply Canvas. I've heard Mpix's aren't very good, plus they aren't gallery wrapped.

</div>
July 21st, 2006, 12:47 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It got my canvas from MPIX last year and it was good, but was not gallery wrapped so I had to frame it. I haven't ordered any canvases from WHCC yet. I've seen pictures and heard great things about them though. I'm going to order a canvas from Simply Canvas very soon. I set up my account with them, I am just having a hard time deciding which picture to have printed.

ETA: The one big difference I have noticed between WHCC and Simply Canvas gallery-wrapped canvases is WHCC finishes the back and SC doesn't. They mount the hardware on it, but no finishing paper.
July 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Super Mommy
oh very good to know. I am really hoping to get one soon. I just haven't had that perfect pic yet that screams canvas at me. LOL

</div>
July 23rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
Kangaroo510
Thanks ladies for all of your help!!! I'm excited about looking into some of these places. As far as my Walmart - They suck. When I lived in Chicago that is where I took them and they did fine. Now that I'm in Atlanta the walmart I go to has given me terrible customer service and terrible prints. I once walked in with a roll of film for 1 hour service and didn't get it back for a few days. I also took in a roll of color film and somehow got crappy looking black and white prints in return. I won't use them anymore. Although I have never tried their digital, I still don't think it's worth it. I've heard good things about our local Target though so I guess I could try there.
Thanks again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search