New here!

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2012, 11:49 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Heya ladies. My name is Jess, Mamma to Drake and wife to Dave. I have always been interested in photography but just never got into it. No real reason as to why. So a few months ago DH bought me a Canon EOS Rebel T3. Great camera! Well, I love it. I know that I need a lens that will allow me to take closer shots etc.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am new at this. I am learning on my own. I have not really read my manual too much. I am not sure if I can control the back blur but if anyone has this camera and has some tips I would love to hear them!

But, here are some shots I have taken of DS. (just a few, I have hundreds) Let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

Last edited by IronMamma; September 19th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
September 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
He's a cutie!
I was self taught I shoot with a Canon also. It can be stressful but very fun. I really suggest reading the manual. Do you know what your settings are? I it looks like you are using your on board flash. I suggest finding some natural light In front of a window, so you wont have the hard light and shadows and red eyes. You will find the natural light will do much better. Also, read up on shooting in Manual. Once you start using it you wont use anything else.
September 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Do you mean manual like I focus it? If so, that is what I use.

I have read the book recently and I watched some videos on the camera. I changed a couple settings and I like it better. It can be stressful, but is fun! I really want to take a class sometime in the future.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

September 29th, 2012, 04:34 AM
No not manual focus, your manual setting on your dial. It's M in your advance settings. What setting are you using?
October 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
You've got quite the cutie on your hands.

Love the bath shot!
October 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
That a cutiepie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search