Professional Picture Takers

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2006, 09:28 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
How do you print out your pictures for your customers?
July 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a professional, {yet, heehee}, but do you mean sizes, where from, what finish, all of the above???? Just curious!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 21st, 2006, 10:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
i do mine at walmart one hour. i tried a proffesional developing place around here for my dad's outdoor wedding and the grass looked brown and dead (it wasn't) and it looked foggy out...it was sunny. they're cheap and the colors are great esp greens.
July 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
Quote:
Not a professional, {yet, heehee}, but do you mean sizes, where from, what finish, all of the above???? Just curious! [/b]
Yeah
July 21st, 2006, 10:13 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I am not exactly professional yet but getting there, been getting things ready for the last couple of months to start. I have a few things lined up for the next couple of months and starting to advertise and get some exposure. I also am getting my portfolio finished.

As of right now I use a local printing company that offers discounts for parents of children who go to the school my children go to. That is for official photos. If I am printing out my own photos, I go to WalMart, just for snapshots. But this printing company does an excellent job!

So my suggestion is to find a local reputable company. See if you can work out some sort of arrangement with them. For official things for the school such as activities and the yearbook, they offer the school free printing but offers the parents a 25% discount.

ETA: they offer a selection of sizes, finishes, etc. I just bring the disk in and tell them what I need for the pictures I have on there.

July 21st, 2006, 11:57 PM
Merin
Quote:
How do you print out your pictures for your customers?[/b]
For the first set of proofs I use a local minilab that does a fabulous job and tends to cater to pros and semi-pros.

For reprints I get fulfillment through my online album place - I use www.digiproofs.com.
July 22nd, 2006, 12:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Not a professional, {yet, heehee}, but do you mean sizes, where from, what finish, all of the above???? Just curious! [/b]
Yeah
[/b]

Well, this is my tenative plan now for when the time comes...I'll order my proofs from MPix in probably either a 5x5 or 5x7 in a matte finish. My current pro photographer orders our proofs in 5x5's and it works out great...you can see if you want to order it in something square or something else. Then any pics that they want to order, I will again order from MPix.
Key word there being "tenative", plans could change down the road, but that's what I'm thinking.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 22nd, 2006, 04:04 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i do mine at walmart one hour. i tried a proffesional developing place around here for my dad's outdoor wedding and the grass looked brown and dead (it wasn't) and it looked foggy out...it was sunny. they're cheap and the colors are great esp greens.[/b]

i always use walmart. they are wonderful!!!
July 22nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do all my proofing online via morephotos.com. Customers place orders there and then I send to mpix for printing. I've been very pleased with this workflow so far (for about 2 1/2 years). I print using a lustre finish, it's between matte and glossy.
July 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
For me it depends on who it is, and what kind of shoot it was. For the sports stuff, they don't even get to proof them. I just picked the best shots.

For others, depending on the time frame, I will either have them come over and show them on my laptop (my main computer is in my bedroom and I really don't want them in tehre LOL ), or if they aren't in a big hurry I will order 4x5' for them to proof, and then they have the option of buying the proof set.

</div>
July 25th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Regular
For proofs create an online album of proofs. People are able to show family and friends before ordering, and you tend to get largers orders that way too! Then for printing, i use an online photo printing website. Nothing special. I did use a local professional printers, but they weren't as good AND were far too pricey.
July 25th, 2006, 04:31 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Which online site do u use amwardy?

I love your pics

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 25th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do online proofing as well. In the early stages of my business I got my clients' pictures printed at Walmart, but I don't like that they put their name on the back. I don't want my customers to know I got their pictures printed at Walmart. If I were the customer and I were paying for professional pictures I would expect them to be printed by a professional lab. So, I switched to WHCC and they do an awesome job! Plus, I have so many more options as far as prices, mounting, finishes, canvases, cards, art prints, etc.
July 25th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oops! Double post.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search