what would you recommend?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For someone who wants to take indoor pictures without a flash.
I live in a freakin Forest..
8 big cedar trees. I only get decent amounts of natural light for half the day.

I would get lights and stuff but Im not sure I want to set them all up everytime I want to take a picture of my daughter . Someday I suppose.

July 22nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you say without a flash, do you mean the on camera flash? I would highly recommend an off camera flash that you can rotate to bounce the light from a variety of angles. You can also try a reflector, but if you have limited light that won't help very much. I shoot the Canon 10D and have the 550ex flash (which is now replaced with the 580). I do on location studio portraits and I have to say, when I'm at home with my kids the lights/backdrop is rarely set up. I use either natural light or my flash bounced off a wall or ceiling. Hope that helps!

July 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah I meant without built in flash . you got exactly what i meant I was asking what off camera flash I should get if any.

thanks

July 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Super Mommy
I have the 430ex that I use the same way, and just bounce it off a wall. In a way I wish I would;ve spent the extra to get the 580, but I doubt I'll ever use it as a master, so I coudl'nt justify the extra expense, esp coming off of buying the camera itself LOL. Personally, I don't like the oncamera flash, I think thats one of the weekest things canon has going on the 20D (and I"m assuming the XT's is close to the same).

</div>
July 22nd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The flash on the XT isn't so hot, for sure...but I rarely use it, seems like only in those spur of the moment-have to have a pic of this-no other choice-type shots.

I do have the 420ex for if I know I HAVE to have it, but it is also used very infrequenty.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree the on camera flash = poo.

I think I'll have my fiance buy me the 580, and 50mm lens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search