Photographic release form question

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Kangaroo510
Hey Ladies!

I am looking for a simple and easy to understand photograpy release form. Does anybody know where I can get one or have one I could use. I'm starting to get my business stuff back together so I can get started on some advertising after my baby is born but the release form I had is gone.

Quick back story....

I started working my the business side of my photography last summer and fall. I worked at a coffee shop here in town and they weren't very busy in the mid morning/afternoon so I took my laptop and spent HOURS working on business cards, price lists, release forms, advertising, etc. I had almost everything pulled together and I was so proud of all of it. Then one day the laptop, which we used as our home computer, got knocked off of where it was sitting and landed on the floor. Everything worked fine after that except for the power supply. It wouldn't charge. So, now all of my stuff is on a laptop that I can't get into because the power supply can't be fixed (atleast not with out a lot of money). I know I could try to get my stuff off of the computer somehow but we don't really have anybody to do it for us. So, after I got over the initial shock and dissapointment of losing all of my hard work I started to rebuild from scratch. My new business card is done and looks even better than the last (Will probably get it up here for critique sometime soon) and now I need to get a photography release form and start rebuilding a price list. I would love to have any information you guys have regarding release forms and even price lists. I'm always looking for new ideas!

Anyway, thanks for you help and thanks for reading about my issues!
July 24th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Super Mommy
Could you have someone pull the hard dr ive out and try and get it out for you??? I bet it could be saved.

</div>
July 24th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Kangaroo510
We had a computer guru friend of ours try to open the computer up and see what he could do about the power supply but there wasn't anything he could do. I know we could get the hard drive out but I would have to take it to somebody that is probably going to charge me an arm and a leg to do so and I just can't afford it right now. I figured it would just be easier to ask somebody for the information I needed. I already created a new business card that I like much better anyway and that was the biggest project. I can also go online and search for a release form but I thought somebody here might have one they are willing to let me use.

Thanks for the thought though!
July 24th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Super Mommy
Computers are just frustrating arne't they. LOL My laptop crashed about 2 months ago, with an entire ball teams pictures.........not backed up of course. YOu wanna talk about freaking out. I was lucky and had a great computer guy get it and he was able to dig the pics out of my old hardrive and put them in a new one. Lesson learned to always back them up. LOL

I haven't done any forms yet, still portfolio building and this is a really small town so I ahven't run into any problems. I did just buy a domain though, soI was thinking that I probably needed to start using disclaimers.

I had planned on just buying Skye's forms from ILP. She does a whole package of every form you need for one price. Takes the legwork out of it.

GOod luck, and hopefully someone else can help.

</div>
July 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to see everything you've been working on...but I haven't begin a release form or anything yet, although I've thought about it. I bet you could google it and come up with something that you could tweak and make your own. Just a thought!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 24th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Kangaroo510
Ok, maybe I'll search for one, get it pulled together and then post it for anybody that needs it! I guess I now have a new maternity leave project!

Thanks Ladies!
July 24th, 2006, 03:20 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
heres a basic one you can change it to buildings etc.
http://www.nyip.com/sub_idx_pgs/referidx/b...el_release.html

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search