How pleased were you with your wedding Photographer?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did they do as well as you hoped?

Did they get all the shots you wanted?

Would you have gone with them or someone else now, after the fact?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Knowing now what I know, I would have forked out the bucks for a pro wedding photographer. That's the biggest regret I have from my wedding. I just didn't know how important that would be. I just hired my maid of honors mother who "took good pictures" for $300. I was not happy with them at all. Someday when we renew our vows I will be sure to remedy that mistake.
July 27th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain Amber, we did hire a "professional" and he did OK, but I really wish we would have researched them a bit more and picked the best...I would have cut costs many other places to have a better photographer and had I known then what I know now.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Kangaroo510
I did pay for the "professional" photographer and got some scuzzy creepy guy (he just did not look professional at all) and I wasn't very happy with the pictures. So much for that $1000. In a few shots we are all off center from the background, in a few I have a plant growing out of my head (it was sitting on the shelf behind us) and he didn't do very many outdoors like I had requested. He also didn't have much personality which I think is KEY in doing photography. All in all.. I think we were just unlucky because he came from a good company.

Oh well!
July 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another one here who isnt that happy with her photos, being a photographer I looked at heaps of other photographers before making my decision and thought I'd made a good one (even looked at a shoot of just one wedding to see what he was really like rather than getting the good photos from a portfolio) but that said and done it wasnt what I'd hoped for.

July 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM
MnKelly77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MnKelly77
well all in all she was okay... we kinda of were looking at the inexpensive ones, so I didn't expect TOO MUCH, although I REALLY like the more non traditional type of pictures which we didn't get any of those.

Thank you aprilmiracle for a BEAUTIFUL siggy!!!

<3
July 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I was mostly satisfied with ours. No, we didn't get all the shots I wanted BUT that was my FIL's fault. He didn't want to keep people waiting at the reception. Since then, i've grown some cahones. That would never fly these days.

Anyway, the great thing about our photographer was that we got all the pictures on CD and I have his permission to do whatever I want with them. He also threw in a free family session later on because my son was sick at the wedding. Those pictures were fantastic.
July 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH's band throws a two day outdoor music festival every year. We got married during that last year. I didn't even hire a photographer. I had family members taking pics but I really should have thought that one out more! Luckily Todd showed up! Todd is a great photographer that's worked for many publications (including playboy ). He had come for the music and he ended up taking wonderful pics for us and he never let us pay him a dime. He was so moved by the ceremony that he cried! He also decided that he needed to marry his girlfriend in just the same kind of setting and ceremony that we had. He also gave me a cd full of photos that he burned right after the wedding on his laptop. Here a few pic he took.

After this experience...I realized how important a good photographer is to the wedding experience. If I didn't have Todds photos to treasure, I'd be really sad now!

July 28th, 2006, 12:28 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
igot the most important shots i guess, but he was NOT as professional as i had liked and we could not cut anymore than we did..we threw our entire wedding and reception on 5000 dollars which included about 100 guests..the whole chibang.

i wish i had better. definitely. and if i had knows then what i know now, i would have TOLD HIM what to do.
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search