Business Cards

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm working on a new business card so I was wondering how many of you gals have business cards. If you have business cards would you mind posting them? I need to get some inspiration going. Oh, don't worry, I don't want to steal your ideas, just need a kick-start I guess.
July 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't, I'm not quite there yet, I can't wait to see what you come up with, I know it'll be great!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Kangaroo510
Ok, this is what I have so far. There won't be much else going onto it because I wanted to keep things simple. I didn't want it to specifically say portrait photography because I'd like to do groups, commercial, sports and even weddings someday. It's just wise to not limit yourself incase you would like to expand. I also wanted my card to appeal to both men and women. I use the dragonfly for my letter head and it's on my other information such as price sheets and what not.

Ok, now I know I probably introduced myself to you guys as Selah, thats my computer name but I realized if I put this up here it's going to have my real name on it. Oh well. Not a big deal. I also planned on cropping out my phone number but for some reason now when I use Picture It it won't let me save the pictures in a JPEG format. It really makes me angry because that's the only format I can save it in so I can share it with other people that don't have picture it! So, you get the whole deal. Now, NO PRANK CALLS ladies!

Good luck with your card making! One thing I found is pick something to start with, a font that catches your eye, a picture or something and work around that. With my card I found that font and LOVED it so I held onto it. It's the only thing that hasn't changed once since I've started working on the card.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm also open to critique on this.

Oh gosh! Sorry it's so huge ladies! I tried to resize it but apperently it didn't work!!!!!

User Error!
July 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
Thats a great card (where IS my phone : )

I have been trying to work on a logo for about 2 months now, just haven't gotten very far. I bought a domain awhile back just so I would have my "name".

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cass

That looks great "Selah". I like the dragonfly!

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Kangaroo510
Ok, now that I've learned about sizing and the REFRESH button (all in one day, mind you) I figured maybe I should put one up the didn't look huge to me and tiny to you guys... how about this?

Tada!
July 28th, 2006, 03:30 PM
That's a very cute card. I really like your font. I can see why you have hung onto it.
July 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Perfect size! I really like the font too, now that I can see it better!

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Okay, here are three that I came up with. I don't know which I like best. What do you think?

July 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Super Mommy
oh I like the first one the best. something about that pose is perfect.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
i like the first one the best as well. i don't have a business card either...i don't even have a name for my business yet! how do all you ladies come up with your names?
July 28th, 2006, 07:38 PM
MHOSEY's Avatar Veteran
I like number one and number two!

July 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooh all these #'s to call.
I like the 1st one the best as well. I think it has the most interesting photo (and least busy on the card). I also like the MC with the transparent backing. The only thing Im not sure about on the 1st is the middle text. Its a bit difficult to read; but Im guessing thats just because its on a computer screen. Good luck deciding!
July 28th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
pixie, on all of it...I love #1!!!

</div>
July 29th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Kangaroo510
I like the first one the best. What a cute photo! I think that the wording in the middle is a little hard to see but I LOVE what it says.

I wish I could do something that looks that beautiful but as I said I'm trying to keep myself open for some commercial stuff too so I went the plain route! How boring!

Where do you plan to have yours printed?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search