Do you have photos of lost loved ones?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was originally posting this under the "Do you ever photograph your parents?" thread but I decided I would start a new thread because I wanted to stress how important it is to have these treasured photo memories when our loved ones have passed on.

Some advice for those who can....TAKE, TAKE, TAKE those pictures of your parents! And your grandparents. This post might be kind of a downer but I wish I had taken more pics of my mother. She passed away in Nov. 04. at age 49. I didn't take many photos of her in the last years of her life. Maybe because she didn't like me to or maybe it just hurt to see pics of her in her wheelchair. Now I wish I had so many more photos of her. I took this pic of her when I was 18 and she was 34. I remember thinking that she was pretty old then and now that's the age I am! When I look at this pic I can see everything about her ... Her strength and her vulnerability. I treasure it.

Elaine Audrey Briggs (5/5/55 - 11/20/04)

Love,

July 28th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Candace. I'm sorry about your mother. That is such a great picture. She looks so beautiful and young in it. Thank you for the reminder of how important photos are.

I take pictures of everyone in my life even if they don't like it. I usually take them when they think I am taking pictures of something else if they don't like to have their picture taken. I think my camera has just become part of me, like an arm or a leg. People are just used to it and they get more and more comfortable in front of it.

I wish I had taken more pictures of my grandparents, but I wasn't doing photography then. They died in 1999. I do have a picture of my uncle that just recently died in January of a heart attack. He was such a good and loving man. Just 53 years old, same age as my dad. It reminded us all to love our family and friends each day.

July 28th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Wow Candace. I'm sorry about your mother. That is such a great picture. She looks so beautiful and young in it. Thank you for the reminder of how important photos are.

I take pictures of everyone in my life even if they don't like it. I usually take them when they think I am taking pictures of something else if they don't like to have their picture taken. I think my camera has just become part of me, like an arm or a leg. People are just used to it and they get more and more comfortable in front of it.

I wish I had taken more pictures of my grandparents, but I wasn't doing photography then. They died in 1999. I do have a picture of my uncle that just recently died in January of a heart attack. He was such a good and loving man. Just 53 years old, same age as my dad. It reminded us all to love our family and friends each day.

[/b]

Thanks...Mom did look young in that pic. Now I wish I was aging as well as she did!

I love the pic of your uncle. Just like my moms pic...I can see the spirit and personality of your uncle in that pic. Look at the goodness and laughter that shows on his face!

BTW...sorry about the loss of your grandparents and uncle. My nana passed away in '05 and I wish I had also taken more pics of her.

Love,

July 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are SO right Candace, I feel the same way about my Grandparents, I had one on each side pass away and I regret not having taken more pics of them.

Your mother was beautiful!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
Yeah, i only have this one pic of my brother and me before my senior x-mas dance. i was planning on taking him to take him to my senior prom but he died 2 months before it. we have just TONS of pics of him though. he was soooo photogenic and he loved taking pics of himself too. it just makes me so sad that i just have this one of us though.

this is one he took of himself. the rest is about the extent of my photoshoping skills.
July 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry about the loss of your brother. He looks like a person who was full of fun. Thanks for sharing his pic with us and I'm glad you have lots of photo memories to treasure.

Hugs,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search