Do you use your photos...

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As "art" around the house? Do you order big prints, frame them and then hang them?

I'm curious because my other "art" {if that's what you call it } around the house is starting to dwindle and more and more big pics of my kids are going up. Now for right now, most of those pics weren't taken by me but an awesome photographer here in town...but I have a few right now that I'd like to order in pretty big sizes and when you're doing it yourself, you can sure afford to change them out much more often.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not yet because we cant hang pictures but when we buy our house we will.

July 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! In fact all the art in our house is pictures of the kids and the family. I just ordered three more 11x14 sized pictures that should be delivered today. Yay! I also have a 16x20 collage, a 16x20 canvas family picture, a 10x20 collage, and a 5x30 collage. As soon as our house is finished I will also be ordering two more canvases. I am just waiting until the end of September to order them.
July 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Amber, why don't you take some pics of your pics so we can see!

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Wow Amber, why don't you take some pics of your pics so we can see! [/b]

Well, when I get them all hung in my new house I will do that. Right now we are temporarily living in a little 14x70 trailer because we sold our house and my in-laws had their empty place available. I hate it, but it's only temporary.
July 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Veteran
Yep, I have 11x14's of each boy hanging in the living room, with one huge (30x30 maybe) art print. The whole mantel is pics of the kids and family. Then upstairs mostly pics of the kids, one of my and the boys of my maternity pic, then a few art prints here and there.
July 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Yep, I have 11x14's of each boy hanging in the living room, with one huge (30x30 maybe) art print. The whole mantel is pics of the kids and family. Then upstairs mostly pics of the kids, one of my and the boys of my maternity pic, then a few art prints here and there.[/b]
I think YOU should take pictures of your hung art too!
July 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not yet but there a a couple from when I was studying photography that I took that I want to

July 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Well, when I get them all hung in my new house I will do that. Right now we are temporarily living in a little 14x70 trailer because we sold our house and my in-laws had their empty place available. I hate it, but it's only temporary.[/b]
Ugh, I understand...sometimes you have to do what you have to do. We're talking about selling and building too and that time in between is hard, you have to do something.
When are you expecting the house to be done?

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I have 11x14's of each boy hanging in the living room, with one huge (30x30 maybe) art print. The whole mantel is pics of the kids and family. Then upstairs mostly pics of the kids, one of my and the boys of my maternity pic, then a few art prints here and there.[/b]
I think YOU should take pictures of your hung art too!
[/b]
Yes, yes, yes...ITA!!!

I'll post the ones I have this evening, like I said I didn't take them...but I still love them and WILL be as good or better one day!

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
Dava I still think you are crazy for wanting to move... I ADORE your house. And OMG you should take a pic of yours, I still love those pics you had done.

We are in the process of redoing our living room. *sigh* I would love to have a new house but its not in the cards for now. So I'll just have to live thru all of you. Anyway, I'm getting ready to paint, my new furniture gets here in TWO weeks (still mad b/c it was supposed to be here TODAY) and I'm taknig all that home interior crap I just HAD to buy 12 years ago and putting my own stuff up.

I'm still waiting forthat perfect picture to do a canvas, and haven't gotten it yet.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Veteran
So you guys are going to make me take the pics, upload them to the puter, resize them, upload them to photobucket, and them post them????
July 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds about right.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Veteran
Ok, here goes. I could only do the living room and upstairs hallway, as we are redoing our kitchen and dining room, and there is one kid sleeping in each bedroom.
This is on top of the mantel, a couple need to be updated--such as the family picture.

The front of the living room, to the left of the front door.

the other side

The art print that is above the couch

Upstairs
Between the bathroom and the linen closet

end of the hallway, between Gavin's room and our room
sorry for the sucky flash, I am going to update all of the photo's anyway

And I think I am going to frame an 8x10 of each of the photo's that I posted of Gavin for his room, he has nothing on his walls yet.

phew...all done!!
July 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
OF course! my pictures are everywhere. well, sort of...we can't hang many pictures since we rent buti have as many as i can! i acctually don't have any other artwork. just a few pics that i'm in that i didn't take is all that's not mine.
July 28th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, Dava, I've started ordering big pictures of Cory. I have two in frames...on the dining room table. I'm so indecisive about where I want to put them.

Quote:
Quote:
Wow Amber, why don't you take some pics of your pics so we can see! [/b]

Well, when I get them all hung in my new house I will do that. Right now we are temporarily living in a little 14x70 trailer because we sold our house and my in-laws had their empty place available. I hate it, but it's only temporary.
[/b]
I feel your pain on the house building thing! We just moved into our house about 2 months ago. Until then we were living in a 7 or 800 square foot DUMP. But it was worth it in the end...
July 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Super Mommy
Those are beautiful. I love how you have them all above your mantle.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Those are beautiful. I love how you have them all above your mantle.[/b]
I love the ones in the hall too!

Mindy ~ Get those pics hung woman, they can always be moved!

Here's mine {and yes they're crappy, I didn't feel like edting pics of my pics} :

In the living room

Close-ups

On the opposite wall:

Waiting to be hung in my dining room:

And I have several others either 10 x 10 or 11 x 14 ready to be framed, just waiting for funds.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Super Mommy
yup they are just as beautiful as I remembered. But I coudl've swore that wall was beige. Now I"m gonna have to pull out the pics from the meet up last year. Oh blackmail pics, I forgot I had those.

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're losing your mind!

Thanks, btw!

</div>
July 29th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Annie's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I get my photographs printed up, framed and put on the wall, but only the better ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search