digital or not?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM
MnKelly77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MnKelly77
I was just curious what you all use... like some of the black and whites that I've seen I was just curious if those were taken on black and white film or if that was done via photoshop? what do you suggest for a beginner?

Thank you aprilmiracle for a BEAUTIFUL siggy!!!

<3
July 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love digital!!! My B&Ws are all converted. I like having the option. I have a film camera as well, but haven't used it for almost three years. My digital SLR is much nicer and I don't have to get film developed. Plus, all the cool things I can do with the pictures. I try for perfect pictures sooc, but it's nice to know that if I get one that's a little underexposed it's not a tosser.
July 28th, 2006, 02:32 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take all my pics in color, then convert to B&W using photoshop or another editor.

Even film - i get them developed & put on disk so I can manipulate them.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Digital all the way baby! Had you asked me that a year ago, I would have said film, I was so scared to make the switch for some absurd reason...then when I did, {about 11 months ago}, I haven't picked up my film camera since.

I too love being able to "play" in Photoshop...it's a whole other aspect of photography that you can either jump into or not, but it's great!

Your question, "what do you suggest for a beginner?"...are you asking if you should shoot film or digital? I just want to make sure were answering all your questions.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive just changed to a digital SLR and love it, Ive always used my 35mm film but you cant see the results straight away and redo photos if needed but I find by looking at them I get more creative ideas for other photos. I usually photograph in colour then change to b/w in photoshop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search