what do you think?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2006, 06:52 AM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
okay, i just took a new picture last night, and I LOVE it, but i'm interested in what i can do to make it better or what i can do next time when i take his picture to make it better! thanks everyone!

sorry for no caps: nak

and i am falling in love with photographing him, i can't wait to improve!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, is that his real eye color?! Beautiful!

I would brighten the picture some, but Im sure others will have more specific guidance. Also - theres a tutorial in the tips & suggestions section on making eyes "sparkly" - he has some sparkle already, I wonder how it would look if you tried that tutorial on it?

Also - if you cropped this - he might look a little better if he wasnt centered so much - off to the right more and maybe a little further up or down. Not sure lol.

Hopefully some others that are a little more experienced than me can chime in

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love the picture he's adorable. i just personally dislike the colour in black and white pictures thing. Its my opinion that it looks tacky but i know lots of people disagree with me.

August 8th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a gorgeous picture! You did a super job. I love how you filled the frame and used the rule of thirds on this. His eyes, which are the focal point, are on the top 1/3 plane. Way to go girl! I agree with LaLa that the picture can be brighted a bit. I ran it through a conversion method that I use to brighten it up a bit. I hope you don't mind. Let me know if you'd like me to take it down.

BTW - I love your border on this.

ETA - I toned down the blue a bit. I think it looks nice, but if you get the color too bright, it detracts from the overall photo - of course that's just my opinion.

August 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Veteran
Very cute! I like how Amber brightened it up a bit.

See the shadow under his chin? And the pinpoints in his pupils? Those are from flash. I can see where he has a little bit of catchlights in his eyes otherwise though. Using natural light opens up everything, and you have more freedom to play around. I would really practice that. Flash also kinda makes the picture look like a snapshot rather than a portrait.

I LOVE the way his head his tilted, and I love the crop, good job keeping all of his chin in the frame! His eyes are so pretty!! Keep practicing and showing us!!!
August 8th, 2006, 01:32 PM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
Quote:
That is a gorgeous picture! You did a super job. I love how you filled the frame and used the rule of thirds on this. His eyes, which are the focal point, are on the top 1/3 plane. Way to go girl! I agree with LaLa that the picture can be brighted a bit. I ran it through a conversion method that I use to brighten it up a bit. I hope you don't mind. Let me know if you'd like me to take it down.

BTW - I love your border on this.

ETA - I toned down the blue a bit. I think it looks nice, but if you get the color too bright, it detracts from the overall photo - of course that's just my opinion.

[/b]
Thanks so much for lightening it up for me, I tried it with my program (a cheap cd I got for free lol) and it looked white...lol, but anyway I know the eyes are kind of distracting but I didn't retouch any of it, that was his actual eye color and that's why I loved it lol, I don't know if that makes a difference, but anyway, thank you so much for your help.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 9th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think everything I would have said has once again been said, I'm so behind right now.

I love the shot though and he is freaking adorable!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search