Been MIA but back with a few photo's

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Annie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies. I've been MiA for a while, due to several disasters going on in my life, but life is returning to normal again (ish)

Anyway, we went to a working museum that deals with the history of the Black Country, the heart of industrial England, with recreated buildings from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. I wanted to share some photos with you. It was one of the dullest, wettest days of the month! I would like some CC if possible. One of them I love, but hubby hates. so I would appreciate your comments.

and one of my little angel because I can't resist posting it. Not the best pic in the world, but it's not very often she's quiet! lol

October 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear you've been having some rough times. I hope its smooth sailing for you for a bit.
As always, nice photos! You've definately got a clever eye.
And nice to see a shot of your little girl! A cutie for sure.
I like pics 3 & 4 a lot. Probably more of #4. But I like the abstract angles and colors. What the heck is it?
#1 is a bit dark....but maybe necessary, to keep the detail in the wheelbarrow.
#2 the subject doesnt do that much for me....but its nicely converted. With a real antique feel to it.
October 26th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Veteran
I hope things are getting better for you!
I love #1, my eye is drawn straight to the wheelbarrow.
#2 needs something, although I am not sure what. My eye wanders around because there is a lot going on, but not reall a focal point.
#3 and 4 have GREAT colors! I love #3!
Your daughter is beautiful!!! Her eyes are gorgeous!
October 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love #1, #3, and #4, and of course your daughter is a doll! #2 is just too much to find a focal point in the shot so it doesn't do too much for me. Great conversion though. You've got a great eye for interesting shots. I can't wait to see more. This looks like a very interesting place.
October 26th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
These are GREAT shots Annie, I love #1 (although a little dark) and #3...both are awesome.

And of course Isabelle is as gorgeous as always!

So you have to share, which one does dh not like?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
October 26th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Annie's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, I appreciate your comments. I agree with you totally on photo's 1 and 2. 1 is a little dark, but I did get a printed copy, and lightened it up a bit before it was printed and it does look better.

photo 2, that's what I thought, your eye wanders around to find a focal point or something to draw you in.

3 and 4 are swingboats or showboats. I'm not sure what you'd call them in the States. They're a really old fairground ride. Here is a picture from the museum web site as I didn't get a full shot of them.

I love the first photo (lightened) but hubby doesn't. He said it doesn't do anything for him.

Thanks again for your input
October 27th, 2006, 05:09 AM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
3 and 4 are swingboats or showboats. I'm not sure what you'd call them in the States. They're a really old fairground ride. Here is a picture from the museum web site as I didn't get a full shot of them.

I love the first photo (lightened) but hubby doesn't. He said it doesn't do anything for him.

Thanks again for your input [/b]
I don't know what we'd call them in the States either. Are the kids on that in period costumes? How fun.
November 1st, 2006, 09:00 PM
Super Mommy
I LOVE them. I was going to say some sort of amusement ride, but then couldn't make up my mind. GREAT color.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search