Feedback Please?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a session last weekend and the weekend before in this park-type setting. I thought I got some really great shots, but they are more raw and candid with some technical flaws rather than posed with perfect lighting. Now I'm second-guessing the final product. Can you give me some brutally honest feedback on these please? I want to post the gallery for the mom this weekend. Basically, if you were the mom, would you be happy with these types of shots?

The little boy (3 years old) hated me! Did not want to smile until at one point he was angry and threw grass at me. I gasped and said "I can't believe you just threw grass at me!" Then he smiled and we were able to start playing. Finally got some smiles!

Thanks so much! I know there are a lot.

I like to throw these kind in to remind the parents what snots their kids were being! LOL

November 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Quote:
I like to throw these kind in to remind the parents what snots their kids were being! LOL[/b]
Don't you just hate it when that happens!? It makes a photographer's job so hard when people don't want to cooperate. It's even worse when adults act that way!
but anyways, to be quite honest.. I LOVE em!!!! You do so great! I would definately be happy with those if I were the mother =) I love the one of them walking, it's a great shot!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

November 3rd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks SO much! I needed to hear that. I posted them in another forum yesterday and got no responses, which is why I was second-guessing them. I need to stop being so insecure! LOL

Usually I can crack the arnery kids pretty quickly, but this one was tough! His brother was just a goofball which is frustrating too.
November 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You've got to be kidding me, you seriously can't be doubting these photos.....post that gallery, you are going to have one thrilled mamma!!!!
The shot with the four of them in the leaves...so awesome to get them all in the moment! Very tricky with four kiddos! She's going to love that.
Honest CC, the first two are my least favorite. The first one her face looks blown out in spots. But she's adorable, and I think mom will love it. The second, the pose isnt terribly interesting to me. The fourth shot, the hair in her face irks me. As a person with long hair, I want to sweep it from her face. Shame because otherwise the expression in her eyes is wonderful. I would definately show it to the mom though to let her decide.
All the rest are just awesome!
The two spunky girls....and that boy's pouty face.....ah! Gotta love those!
November 3rd, 2006, 06:27 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I were that mom, I would never be going to another photographer, ever! I think they are incredible!

November 3rd, 2006, 08:32 PM
Veteran
I think they are fabulous! The only one I would say anything at all about is the fourth one with the sun spots on her face. I'm wondering if it would even be an issue in color. And to a non-photographer, probably a non issue altogether!
Way to go!
I am nervous about this weekend, 3 sessions and it has been horribly overcast, dark and dreary lately.
November 4th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Quote:
The fourth shot, the hair in her face irks me. As a person with long hair, I want to sweep it from her face. Shame because otherwise the expression in her eyes is wonderful. I would definately show it to the mom though to let her decide.[/b]

That's what I thought too, but she was climbing this tree and I just said her name and snapped when she looked so it wasn't posed. The hair still bugs me though. Darn it!
November 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Kangaroo510
WOW! These are so awesome!
Do you do all these in manual? how do you set the settings so quickly?
I love the shot of the kids playing in the leaves with the mom in the back ground. I would pay top dollar for shots like that.
November 5th, 2006, 08:51 PM
morty
Well looking at the first two photo's, they are very over-exposed. What sort of a camera do you use? A SLR or just an automatic?
If you use an SLR i would look at shortening the shutter speed so you let less light in.
But the rest of them look fablous! a wonderful job!
Very beautiful and in these simple photographs you can see these childs personalitys. There arent many photographers who can photograph that! Well done! Excelent job!
November 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
The first 3 I don't know if its the converstion or my laptop screen but the blown out/hot areas are really sticking out to me.

I love the others.

I am sure the mom will love them too. As photogs we tend to see all the bad in pics.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search