Canon 10D

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lamp1971 Send a message via Yahoo to Lamp1971
Hi ladies. I'm Kara, I've been photographing professionally for 13 years. (Wow...I'm old!) I just now decided to come out of the dinosaur era and go digital with my pro stuff. Anyway, I just purchased a used 10D from Adorama and got it in today! It's beautiful! Looks just like my old A2 with the grip attached.

Ok, here's my problem...the camera did not come with a manual. I'm afraid to brave a store for a Magic Lantern Guide this weekend and I have a shoot next Friday. Does anyone know where I can find and download a manual? Really, all I need right now is to be able to put the camera in the mode where I use the LCD screen as a viewfinder. I've figured out how to view pics, I just can't get the LCD screen to turn on during normal shooting mode. TIA for any help!
November 24th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know my rebel doesnt do that (LCD viewfinder) and from what a friend said "canons dont"

November 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.co...OS10DIM-EN.pdf

Have fun with your new camera! =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

November 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your new camera. My first DSLR was a 10D and it is now my backup camera. As far as using the LCD as a viewfinder, it is not possible with this camera. In fact, I haven't heard of a DSLR that it IS possible with. That's the nice thing about the DSLRs. It's just like shooting with a film camera except you are able to see the pictures after you shoot them. Have fun!
November 24th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Lamp1971 Send a message via Yahoo to Lamp1971
Well, that sucks. You are right, though...it won't be much different than before...and clearly I'm afraid of change seeing as I'm just now making the big switch. LOL And thanks for the link to the manual..that will help a bunch!

I'm amazed at how heavy this camera is! I always thought my A2 was heavy, but it's nearly a pound lighter than this 10D! I weighed the camera fully assembled with the vertical grip and lens and it weighs 3.5 pounds. I'm scared for when I attach the bracket and flash! Good thing I have these massive biceps from carrying a 1 year old around! LOL (Sorry...I have this habit of going off on tangents. )

Amber - did you like your 10D? Is it fairly easy to figure out? I've just taken a few pictures of the dog so far...I had to wrench it from DH's hands to do that much!

Thanks again for your help, ladies! You rock!
November 25th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Ambesi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I LOVED my 10D until I got my 30D. I had to send my 30D in to get repaired so I am using my 10D right now. It's great as a back-up anyway. It took me a long time to learn how to use it properly. There's so much you can do with it. If you've been doing this for 13 years though it shouldn't be very hard for you at all. I'd be happy to help you out if you have any questions though. I hope to see some of your shoots soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search