Anyone have this camera?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2006, 07:07 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, to introduce myself first I suppose!
I'm Sherry, sahm to Jacob, Sammy and Layla. I mostly post in the May 05 Playroom.

Tonight's the first night I lurked around in here and you ladies take fantastic pics! So jealous!
I have Photoshop Elements 4 but haven't taken the time to learn to use it. After the holidays, definitely. I want to learn how to do all the neat things everyone does!
So anyway...I wanted a new camera for Christmas (I have a FujifinePix) and it's "ok" but nothing great. Great 1st digital camera but I'm ready to move on, lol.
Anyway, dh actually FOUND a camera outside of the mall, complete with big carrying case, lens cleaning kit, tripod, etc. All just laying there! So he brought it home to his lovely wife!
It's a Kodak Easyshare Z740. It's 5 mp and 10x zoom. The LCD screen is only slightly bigger than my old one though.
I don't want to sound snippy about a free camera but it's not the one I would have picked, you know? So I have yet to try it out, the only thing that was missing was the USB cable and I just ordered one for it.
Just curious if anyone knows anything about it or has it?

I wanted the new Canon REbel XTi. Dh just laughed!

*ETA- Any other good cameras out there, just in case I decide to get another one? I'm overwhelmed with all the choices...*
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

December 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a Canon girl through and through...but my SIL had a Kodak before she got her XT and she was pretty pleased with it, I think she still uses it from time to time.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
December 13th, 2006, 06:11 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the Canon Rebel. I love it. I hate to sound rude, but somesome may be looking for their camera. Maybe an add in the paper could help. I know I would be devistated if I lost my camera.

</div>
December 13th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Believe me, I felt bad too when dh told me. It actually happened before Thanksgiving while I was in Ohio at my mom's. Dh was shopping at the smaller mall across town when he found it laying there (not in the parking lot but the sidewalk outside). He told me about it when he came up to OH when he was through with work. So we didn't even get home until almost 2 wks. after he found it.
We live in a pretty big area so I don't think an ad would have helped, I would be getting 100 phone calls a day, lol.
I'm sure someone else would have picked it up if he wouldn't have so...not that that makes it right I know.
I would hate to lose my camera as well but if I did I wouldn't expect to get it back.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I will have to try it out. I'll probably be sticking with this one for awhile though if it works better than the one I have now at least.
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

December 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
please do the right thing and try to find the rightful owner. If it was you who lost the camera you'd want it back . plus it isnt sending a good message to your kids

December 13th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In any case, you could give it to the police station and if no-one claims it after the allotted time, it would be yours.
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

December 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I didn't want to sound like the "Mom" of the group, but I totally agree with the other girls, you should at least make an attempt to find it's owner...I would run a vague ad in the paper, "camera and case found outside the mall on such and such date, call ###-####" and then when and if people call, they'll be able to tell you EXACTLY what was in the case, if not, then it's not their's. If you've lost a camera like that, I'm pretty sure you could give exact details of what kind and what else was in the case. JMHO

</div>
December 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
I agree with having the person who calls describe EXACTLY what is in the case before you give it back and ask where they lost it. i do have that camera but i just bought a new one. its a good camera but i just like my new one better.
December 14th, 2006, 04:59 AM
MHOSEY's Avatar Veteran
I also think you should do the right thing and try to find the rightful owner. I would be devasted to lose
any piece of my equipment, and this possibly could be all they had and can't afford to replace it.

Could you try to get in touch with any of the places around where he found it. I'm sure someone called looking for it somewhere.

Or go ahead and take it to the police station. They may have filed a report, with a lost or stolen item.
Like the other poster said if no one claims it with a certain amount of time, then its yours.

December 14th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
the way I see it if you attempt to find the owner and you cant then at least you taught your kids to try to find the rightful owner.
I mean even if you keep it your kids now know that they cant just keep something right away that they must make an attempt to find the rightful owner.

my camera is like my second child I would be devastated if I lost it.

December 14th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Well ladies, I did contact our county police dept. about the camera today...
thus far no one has received a report/file for a lost or stolen camera. I explained the situation to them & they thanked me for calling. He told me it was not necessary at this time to bring it in but he took all the information (make/model) about everything that was found and my name & number.
They will call me if anyone calls or they get a report from a neighboring police station about the camera.
I did also explain that it happened awhile ago. He said if they don't hear anything within a couple weeks, they probably won't at all and at that time it's mine.
So I feel better for doing that anyway.

ETA:My kids are kind, considerate & thoughtful. They also know right from wrong. They know nothing about the camera. They don't even know I have it, nor have I used it. It's in my closet for the time being. It's just wait-and-see now...
I posted about this in my PR awhile back & got a complete different response than what I received here. Just interesting/surprising to see the difference. I didn't mean for it to turn into a big moral issue, just wanted to know about the camera. ;-)
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

December 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you keep the name off the credit card, that could help track down the rightful owner?

I know I too would be heartbroken if something happened to my camera.

</div>
December 15th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Unfortunately no. Like I said before I do feel pretty bad about the whole thing. I was quite excited at first butnot so much anymore.
I'll let you all know when/if I hear anything from the poilice...
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

December 15th, 2006, 07:42 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for trying to find the owner. I'm sorry I turned it into a lecture here.

I'm guessing you are seeing both side of this...the ladies saying it's rightfully your and us. Sorry, we were being to tough.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search