Photo Setting Question

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2006, 05:46 PM
amcghee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this is the right place to post a question...and would be grateful if anyone can help me. I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but know my way around the camera and most of it's settings. I'm not great at choosing f/stop settings and all that (don't quite understand that one yet, but I'm working on it!). I have the Canon S2IS PowerShot...and want to know what the best setting is to take action photos. For example, when I'm taking pictures of Ava and she's moving (constantly!) what setting would be best? Also I'm a teacher and take photos of my classroom in action - and don't know what setting is best. My old PowerShot (A80) had a sport setting, but this one doesn't. Is there a different setting for inside a classroom with florescent lights or daylight? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me!!

December 18th, 2006, 09:56 AM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I hope this is the right place to post a question...and would be grateful if anyone can help me. I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but know my way around the camera and most of it's settings. I'm not great at choosing f/stop settings and all that (don't quite understand that one yet, but I'm working on it!). I have the Canon S2IS PowerShot...and want to know what the best setting is to take action photos. For example, when I'm taking pictures of Ava and she's moving (constantly!) what setting would be best? Also I'm a teacher and take photos of my classroom in action - and don't know what setting is best. My old PowerShot (A80) had a sport setting, but this one doesn't. Is there a different setting for inside a classroom with florescent lights or daylight? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me!![/b]
Im not familar with your camera brand, but if you have a shutterspeed pirority mode you could use that for action shots.
As far as your second question, check your manual for how to configure your White Balance settings. You should have pre-programmed settings for things like cloudy vs. sunny days, tungsten vs. flourescent lighting, etc. Setting your WB correctly will greatly improve your color.
December 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I am actually a lurker on this board and just got this camera Sat. I haven't really used it yet, I've just been reading the manual. Indoor Special Scene Mode seems to be the best setting for what you need. It says that mode will prevent camera shake and maintain true color when under florescent or tungsten lighting. Good luck! I am sure that I will have tons of questions when I actually start using it.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search