I know I haven't posted in a while

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I know I haven't posted here in a while. I haven't really gotten to do many photo shoots lately. Wedding season will be kicking into high gear in a few months so I'll have tons of new pics to share in the spring.

Dh and I were talking last night and got into a huge argument so I thought I'd get your opinions. Dh and I have been ttc baby #4 for several months now. Dh told me last night that when I get pregnant he will have to find a replacement photographer during the last half of my pregnancy (Dh and I own a photography business together in case you were wondering). I about flipped out! He thinks it's tacky to have a pregnant photographer at a wedding. He said it will be too distracting to have me "waddling" up and down the aisles and that it will upset people at the wedding. I think he's absolutely crazy! He said after my 5th month he doesn't think I should do any weddings until after I give birth. If I get pregnant soon then that will mean I wont be able to do any of our late summer/early fall weddings. I argued with him until I was blue in the face last night but it didn't do any good. DH is super stubborn and doesn't see things from my point of view. I just can't understand how being pregnant interferes with my ability to be an awesome wedding photographer (which I believe I am...heehee). Any thoughts?

<div align="center"></div>
December 29th, 2006, 07:40 PM
pixie_styx's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a strange argument....Im gonna have to side with you on this one. I don't see how you being pregnant would make you anymore of a distraction than normal. I mean what is upsetting about a pregnant woman? Maybe he's thinking you'd wouldn't be able to wear "professional" outfits and would stick out? I mean I dont think men in general notice pregnant women...and women only look at them to decide if they look better or worse than they did when they were pregnant. I don't think you'd hold everyone's attention for that long. Most people have decidedly short attention spans.
I know personally though, that I probably wouldn't want to do any weddings after 7mos...just because of all the standing and moving around I imagine you'd do. Then again, I've only been pregnant once, but by my third trimester, I was pretty lazy, er I mean tired.
December 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Jessesgirl04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks

I agree that it would be difficult to do a wedding in my last trimester. We are on our feet for several hours at a time and there is lots of bending and kneeling. I guess it just irritates me that he thinks he should be the one to decide whether or not I'm able to work. We are 50/50 business partners and I guess it just hurts my feelings. I told him that, but he still stands by his belief that I should quit doing weddings when I start to really show (which doesn't take long since I've had 3 kids).

<div align="center"></div>
December 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Veteran
I totally disagree with your dh. My best photography year was the year that I was pregnant with Gavin. I had a record number of clients for some reason, and I had lots of babies so I had to go on my knees and into all kinds of weird positions to get good shots. I did this through morning sickness AND tiredness. The thing I absolutely COULD NOT do, was the photo shoots AFTER he was born. I was so tired and out of commision trying to keep my head above water with the older two boys in school, I ended up taking a lot of time off. I was in survival mode for a long time after he was born.
December 30th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For some reason 7 months popped into my head too...I would think by then you'd probably be ready for a break for a few months until the baby's born...BUT I also feel this should be your decision and not dh's and definitely not for the reasons dh listed...only more for your sake.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
December 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I agree with everyone!
i think 7 months sounds good, but ultimately it is your decision.
January 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the girls above.

Also, if your DH was a regular employer, he'd get in big trouble for doing that to you. I don't think anything is distracting about a pregnant woman. Heck I was 27 weeks pregnant when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search