digital camera recommendation?

Forum: Photography

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photography LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I've been on JM for a while but new to this board.

I have a Canon PowerShot A95. I really love it, but its starting to have problems with an E18 error. I read up on it online and its an issue with the lens going in and out. It hasn't been mishandled, apparently its a problem with a lot of Canon cameras.

Basically I need a new camera bc I think its a matter of time before this error happens all the time. We looked at cameras tonight, and I really like the canons a lot, I'm leery of buying another one though. Any suggestions on a new camera 200-300 range (or less if there's a good one!)

January 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
First of all, welcome to the board, I hope you find it very useful. I am very biased when I recommend because I LOVE canon, I wouldn't use anything else. I have the rebel xt and I absolutely love it.. I have never had a problem with mine except for once I didn't push my CF card in completely and it was erroring, but after getting out of my ditz cloud, I realized what the problem was and fixed it. My friend had the canon powershot a620 and I really love it. I am considering purchasing a point and shoot for small family get togethers because I find it annoying to pack around all of my equipment to things like that. I am actually considering purchasing a powershot myself.. I am sorry that yours is giving you the run around. Have you had it looked at? Maybe it could be fixed.. Well, I hope this helps and hope to see you around posting lots of pics! =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

January 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
to the board!

I too am a Canon girl through and through...I used a film Rebel for years before getting my digi Rebel and I'm in love with it, when I need to upgrade, I'll go with another Canon, no doubt about it.

I honestly haven't looked at the p&s's too much...but www.dpreview.com is a good place to go have a peek at when comparing.

GOOD LUCK and like Tabby, I hope to see you around more!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
January 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks for the tips!

January 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Mom2Riley's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Mom2Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Riley
I am a Canon girl myself. I have an old film slr from the early 90's that still works great but I try to preserve it as much as I can. When my cheapo digital went out on me I didn't have much to spend on a new one so I just bought a Kodak EasyShare and fell in love with it even though I didn't think I would.

That one took a swim in some Sprite and kind of floated away. So, I was stuck in another dilema of needing a camera and got yet another Kodak EasyShare but this time I went all out (as much as I could) and got the 710 one and I LOVE it! Super easy to use and till I get better at taking pictures and my creativity level improves...I can grow with this one. I think the Kodak that I bought was about $249.

I am dying to get my hands on a newer Canon but want to save the BIG purchase till I know more about what I am doing!

Tyra
January 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Canons are great. I have a digital rebel xt and a powershot.
you should have a look at some of the newer powershots.

January 5th, 2007, 06:51 AM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
I like Canon and do have a Canon camcorder which I love. I just recently received a kodak easyshare Z650. I love it. It is easy to use and takes decent pictures. The only thing that this camera does not have and I believe Canon has is the added feature that keeps you from having shaky pictures. (I might be wrong on that). I have also had several Kodak easyshares. I had the Kodak Easy Share CX7300 and the Kodak Z730 before upgrading the Z650.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search