Named my beans

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Well, I sat down and told DH today that I was really hurt that we never named our beans. I told him that he could either help or not, but that I was going to name them. He sat down with me and we named all three of our baby beans.

Alexander Maxwell EDD June 28th, 2007 grew his wings on October 10th 2006.

Garrett Carmicheal EDD January 21st, 2008 grew his wings on May 9th, 2007.

Norma Marie EDD April 14th, 2008 grew her wings on August 7, 2007.

I feel alot better now that my babies have names. It still hurts INCREDIBLY BAD of course, but giving them names....IDK, it just helped alot.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I'm really glad you gave them names & that it gives you some peace. Your little angels all have such beautiful names!

I couldn't bring myself to name mine, every time I think about my 6 angels I begin to dwell on it and then the downward spiral begins. It's been such a struggle with depression for me that I just can't. I am glad I had the last two babies blessed, though. That provided a lot of comfort for my husband and me.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

April 14th, 2008, 12:32 AM
You know.... I really sat down with the idea of naming on angel today, and then the others when I felt more "up to the task". I wanted to name my angel before her due date though. When I decided that, I instantly thought of my Great Grandmothers. My one Grandma is still living, and the glue that holds our very large extended family together. She is Norma. Marie is my Granny who passed away in 2005, and she was one of the most important people in my life. I couldn't even think of any other girls names. Once I suggested that, DH agreed right away and said he wanted to name one of them Alexander Maxwell. When I realized that we had already named two, I couldn't bring myself to not name the third today. Garrett Carmicheal is actually a slightly altered combination of names. Gary is a VERY popular name in my family. My Grandfather, my brother, 3 uncles and 2 cousins are all named Gary. 1 of those Uncles passed away on Valentines Day in 2006. He was my godfather, and we were very close. I wanted to do something to honor him, as well as the other Gary's, but wanted it to be just a little different. My father passed away in January of2007 and his middle name was Micheal. I knew I might want to use that later on though so DH suggested Carmicheal. I was actually surprised at how easy it was emotionally for me to do this. And I really didn't expect the wave of peace I felt after I named them. I guess I didn't realize just how guilty I was feeling because of not naming them.

April 14th, 2008, 05:27 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm glad you have found peace in naming your angels. I know it sure helped me to name ours.

Dominic McDylan with us 3 weeks grew his wings Feb 2007
Gwendolyn Elizabeth with us 11 weeks grew her wings Jan 2008

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 14th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I am so glad you decided to name your angels. I know I felt a little more at peace after we named ours. I was ok with just calling them my angels until our third loss when we found out it was a boy. We thought since we knew he was a boy that we should name him and we couldn't name one and not the others.

Our angels are:
Jordan, grew wings 4/3/07
Skylar, grew wings 6/11/07
Gabriel, grew wings 11/13/07
April 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Naming each of my angels helped bring closure to each of my losses. I'm glad it brought you peace as well.

And everyone is different about naming their angels, which is perfectly OK. So long as you do what's best for you, then it's all good. You chose beautiful names and how wonderful that DH stepped up to help.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
April 14th, 2008, 03:45 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was really glad to come on & see that you decided to name them. I think it is awesome that you gave yourself permission to do so & that it brought you peace. Each person has to do what feel right to them - but it seemed to me that this was something that really meant something to you & I am glad you went ahead & did it. You also picked wonderful names with such great meaning.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I think that your reply in my other thread helped me decide to do it. Knowing that I wasn't the only one who wanted to name my babies even if my husband didn't made me realize I could do it without him. I mean....if I had been a single mother and given birth, I would have named the baby by myself. I think when I told DH that I was doing it with or without his help, he realized just how important it was to me. I'm glad he helped me, but I had already decided at that point what I was naming Norma Marie, and honestly I would have gone ahead and named them all (Maybe not last night, but eventually) without his help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search