My Doctor's Appointment

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Short story: I am getting some lab work done and if Dh and I agree to it, my Dr will put me on Clomid or Femara.

Long story: Even going that office made me feel so nervous. I remember sitting in that waiting room several times, waiting to see if my baby was alive or not. Well, I came in and everyone was really nice. Get this! My Dr is pregnant. It's just kind of funny, you know, like everyone I know is starting to get pregnant. My dr said she had been thinking of me and hoping that I would come in with good news. She asked if it had been 6 months, if I thought I was ovulating and was having sex at the right time, all yes. Then she said that I could talk it over with Dh, but that she could put me on a low dose of a med to help make sure I am ovulating and that my body is producing an egg, or two. I asked if she meant Clomid or Femara and she said yes, and she normally recomends Femara because there are less side effects.
I asked her about having testing done and she didn't really think it was necessary because I have conceived before but she said I could go ahead and come in next cycle (assuming I don't get pg) on CD 3 or 4 and have some tests done, I think she said FSH, LH, umm...a few other things and check my thyroid again and this should tell her if I'm ovulating for sure. I showed her my BBT chart from last month and she admitted she wasn't crazy about BBT and it sounds like she kind of gets it, but not totally, because she didn't get why my temp didn't drop the day I ovulated and was spiking around so much after ovulation (I told her probably because I wake up at different times). She seemed kind of concerned that my period is so long (7-8 days) and that I still ovulate fairly soon (told her CD 13-16), she said, "you are sometimes ovulating only 5 days after your period is over? Hmmm" So I worry about that and I actually called them back and left them a message to call me back so that I can ask her what she thinks that means. I didn't think to ask at the time
I told her I am trying to gain a little weight, and she said that's fine, but she didn't act like my weight was a problem.
I told her about Dh thinking he should "save up" his sperm and asked if I could tell him a dr said that wasn't good and she said absolutely, we should be having sex at least 5 days before I think I will ovulate.
It was kind of weird because I was talking to her while she was doing the exam so it was hard to think of all my questions so I didn't ask her everything. I forgot to ask if she thought accupuncture would be okay and might help.
I told her my cervical mucus seemed to be less since the miscarriage and she said she wouldn't worry about it and that my body has healed by now especially since it was a natural miscarriage.
She asked if we were getting stressed about it and I told her I was some and that Dh wasn't as worried and that he's more patient and she said "I know you are ready for it to happen. You are ready to be a mom." AMEN.
She just said to have fun with it and that I'm still young and that we can see how the labs come out and that maybe taking the Femara could help it happen a little quicker.

I know I should be totally happy about this visit but now I'm sort of worried about long my periods are...I hope they call me back.

So I think once all my labs come back, I'd like to schedule an appointment and go in with Dh and talk to her about the results and about getting on Femara. I'm sure I will have questions and I also may ask about a semen analysis for Dh. I know they *should* be okay since I got pregnant before, but what if that was just a fluke? I'm thinking I may really want that checked before I go on any meds.

April 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM
conley1988
I wish you and your DH the best of luck.
April 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you got quite a bit of information! Your doc sounds sweet and supportive. That's nice to have. Interesting that she said 7-8 days is a long period. Mine have always been that long. May have to ask about that once AF returns.

Let us know how the labs go and if you/doc decide to try the Femara. You might PM Norina about the accupuncture, because I'm pretty sure she did that before this pregnancy. I'm on the sidelines cheering for you, sweetie.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
April 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I always thought that 7-8 days was a normal length too. I've always thought mine was really short (2-4) days because everyone I've ever known was somewhere around 6-8 days. It sounds like you got alot of information though. I hope you get your sticky BFP soon.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! I called back and asked and they said don't worry about the long AF, it just means I may ovulate a little later in my cycle.

If I don't get pg this cycle, I'll probably be talking to her again after I get the bloodwork run.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search