My Mother's Day

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
So today was rough but not nearly as rough as I had imagined it would be. My mom and I shared some tears which actually made me feel better. At first I wondered if anyone (besides DH) would acknowledge me and my babies today but after watching us plant our tree my mom got teary and said she was sorry because she just didn't know what she was supposed to do for me today. She said she and my sister had talked and they didn't forget and they never will but they didn't know what I would want. They knew DH and I would have our special time today and they left it up to us what we wanted to make of the day. I of course started to cry and told her that was all I needed. Just acknowledgement of my angels and understanding of my pain. I feel so blessed to have a family that understands me. They may not know how I feel but they do try to understand and they let me grieve and cry and are there for me when I need them. Ok now I am crying again!

So DH went to the store this morning while I straightened up the house to get a card for our mom's because I couldn't do it. Just the thought of standing in that card section made me tear up. So he came home with some flowers...I was assuming for my mom but he got two small bunches of tulips for my mom and sister and then he got me some beautiful roses. I was so happy. I also got my absolute favorite Lindor Truffles! OMG if you have never had them you have to go out right now and try them!!! They are like silky chocolatey heaven!!! Here are the pics!!

Then even though it was a rainy cold crappy day outside I still wanted to get our Angel Tree in the ground! My daddy helped DH and I dig the hole and we planted it together. We still need to stake it so it will be sturdy until it gets bigger and I am going to mulch around it and get a garden stone...I have a few in mind but haven't picked the one I want just yet. I will, of course, post pics when I get it! We did end up getting the Weeping Cherry Tree. It has beautiful pink blooms in the Spring and the Weeping variety just seemed to fit the occasion.

Here is what it will look like when it is full grown...right now it is a baby and very sparse! I will so much enjoy watching it grow!

Here is a young one in bloom.

OK now on to our tree planting process!

Here we are digging! Don't mind the gross background...they are just starting to build in that section of our neighborhood and it had been raining all night and day so it was a muddy mess!

Daddy and DH digging...me watching!

Bringing the tree into the backyard.

The tree next to the hole...ready to be planted.

DH and I in front of our Angel Tree...you can't really see it though!

Oh and I just thought this was cute! DH grilling in the rain on our partially constructed deck!
May 12th, 2008, 08:29 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you could have asked for a more perfect day, even with the rain and cold. Your tree is beautiful, as are the roses DH brought home for you. White roses are my favorite! I'm glad that you have so much support and understanding IRL. That is worth soooo much!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
May 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy your day turned out well. I love weeping cherry trees! We used to have some in our yard in Las Vegas and they are soooooo beautiful when they bloom.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
May 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I had tears in my eyes reading about your day ((hugs))

thank you for sharing with us

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search