Don't Know What to Do....

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Newbies
Hello. I just wanted to get a little advice. I have had a total of 4 miscarriages (1 including twins). The first miscarriage I had, the doctors said was because my blood type was O negative and my blood was attacking the baby?? My second miscarriage I was told it was because I lacked progesterone. SO, my third pregnancy I was taking progesterone but still miscarried. My water broke at 14 weeks without any kind of signs. The doctor's reason was my cervix is incompetent and they were absolutely, positively sure they had it figured out. Well, my fourth pregnancy I was taking progesterone and they did a cervical cerclage but my water still broke without any notice again at 14 weeks. Now they are saying my cervix was to incompetent for that cerclage and they are suggesting my next pregnancy I get a transabdominal cerclage and they almost guarentee this will fix the problem. Well, I don't want to go through any more miscarriages. I really don't think I can handle another but I don't want to give up and not try again either. Does anyone know anything about a transabdominal cerclage? I'm really at a cross road because I want to have a baby but don't want another miscarriage. The doctor's are almost positive this will fix the problem but they have been wrong so many time before. Please help!!! (sorry this is SOOOO long)
October 7th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First I want to say that I am so sorry for your losses.

When I was pg w/DD, I was hospitalized for 8w1d with IC and pre-term labor. However, mine was not discovered until 24w. I do know that it is normal to have the cerclage anywhere from 12-18w....that is when dr's like to do the cerclage's the most.

I have found a message board....

http://ic.hobh.org/forums/

There are lots of Moms on there that have/are dealing w/IC. They gave me a TON of help when I was going thru my pg. I now have information for when I have another successful pg.

Hope that helps!!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

October 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have any answers to your questions.... Just want to say I am so sorry for your losses honey. It is so hard on our minds and hearts. If you chose to try for another I wish you the best of everything.

Hugs,
Missy

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to give you hugs.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search