Pathetic

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
I am feeling pretty pathetic right now, for some reason today i am feeling really down. This may sound awful and please no one with an early loss take offense. I am in mourning of yet another loss last month, my 4th in a row. But instead of grieving for this baby, each loss brings back the feelings of losing Kai. Today I keep remembering the days leading up to his birth and passing and the long horrible 5 days I spent trying to give birth to him. I do ache for these babies but I hadnt felt them move or seen them wiggle on the ultrasound over and over. And now I feel like I may never have another baby.

my blog
October 19th, 2008, 05:13 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldnt concider you pathetic, rather grieving as we all have. A loss is never easy no matter what the situation. I am sorry you are going through this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 19th, 2008, 10:22 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You feel how you feel and that is okay. Every loss is different and can effect us differently. The m/c's I had at 12 weeks and 10 weeks were much worse for me than the one that was around 5 or 6 weeks, and I never saw a baby on the u/s with any of them (my first 2 were dx'ed as b/o's).

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

October 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
You are not pathetic. Please don't feel that way.

I have grieved for each loss differently too. My most difficult loss was my third, not my fourth. I think it's because he was with us the longest. When we had the fourth miscarriage I almost felt like I was just waiting for the ball to drop. I was so scared I never felt hope. With our third baby, we saw the heartbeat, we were further along then we'd ever been before, we finally felt hope. For these reasons, I think his loss was the hardest.

Please don't be hard on yourself.

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)
9/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, not enough mature follies
10/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, ovulated on my own
12/08 - IVF w/ PGD: BFP!
Owen Royce...born August 28, 2009

1/10 IVF w/ PGD: 1 egg fertilized, so no PGD
1/30/10 Transferred in one embryo
2/13/10 - BFP!
Georgia Elle...born October 15, 2010

October 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies - there is no reason to be hard on yourself or feel bad for your feelings. Sometimes we don't even know why we feel the way we do.... For me my 2nd mc was the hardest & it was my earliest. I think it all depends. I also think it is natural that your mc's would bring you back to missing Kai even more. Pain does that to us - it takes us back to all things painful... Many people find that when they loose a baby (moms or dads) that it can bring up many emotions & also bring up others they have lost. Anytime you are dealing with the pain of loss, everyone you have lost seems somewhat entwined to me. I could never really just grieve the one I lost, I always ended up having old feelings, memories & thoughts come up as well. It seems natural to me that your focus would be on Kai, particularly because these angels don't give you much of anything to hold onto unfortunately. It is hard to focus on someone you have never seen, felt, touched....

I am so sorry you have been through so much loss & so sorry you are having a particularly hard time right now. Please know we are here for you in whatever capacity you need us.

Much love!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are ABSOLUTELY NOT pathetic. As all the women have stated above, I agree each loss can feel different. My second was the worst. It was the catalyst into a very deep depression for me. I am so sorry you are feeling the pain over and over. I wish there was more I/we could do. I hope talking helps. We're here to listen anytime.
(((HUGS)))

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search