Another loss

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
kristajoyce's Avatar Veteran
I wish I would have found this board earlier. I have been hanging out in parenting after loss, but last week, my doctor told me I was going to miscarry again and I have just been waiting for it to happen. They have been very supportive in that group, but I feel like I am just a big downer when they are all so happy about being pregnant again.

I had a loss at 17 weeks in April. Of course it was emotionally devestating. They weren't able to tell us what went wrong and my doctor told me that we could start trying again after one period. I found out that I was pregnant mid-September and was cautiously excited. I started bleeding last weekend and had an u/s on Monday where they could see the blood, but I grew the right amount and they weren't worried. I already had a scheduled u/s for last Thursday and they had me come in for that too. There was no difference in the sac size and I was still bleeding heavily. The doctor told me to expect to miscarry within the week.

I go back in this morning for an u/s to check the progress of the m/c. My husband left this morning for a business trip and won't be home until Sunday. My mom is going to watch my kids for me while I go to the doctor. She is the only one that knows about any of this. We didn't want to tell anyone we were pregnant this time because of how hard it was last time.

I know that I am not alone, but I feel that way. I don't know if I have lost the baby yet. All I have seen is blood. I have had no cramping. I guess I am still hoping for a miracle, but there are just too many signs that this baby can't make it.

I don't know what to expect and I just feel like I am in limbo. At least I will have more answers in four hours.

Thanks for listening...
October 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for what you are going through and for your previous loss.

(((((HUGS))))

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

October 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks, the u/s today showed that the m/c should happen very soon and my cervix was just starting to dialate. It's hard because my dh is out of town this week and I am very lonely. My kids are sweet, but they don't understand what is going on.
October 22nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you are doing ok.

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)
9/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, not enough mature follies
10/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, ovulated on my own
12/08 - IVF w/ PGD: BFP!
Owen Royce...born August 28, 2009

1/10 IVF w/ PGD: 1 egg fertilized, so no PGD
1/30/10 Transferred in one embryo
2/13/10 - BFP!
Georgia Elle...born October 15, 2010

October 23rd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

October 23rd, 2008, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss(es). If you need to talk, we're here for you.

October 23rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to amy2008
I am so sorry. I know no words can really help - just know you aren't alone.

My Angels:
Hope - m/c 10/5/04
Junior - m/c 1/31/06
Baby - m/c 1/27/08
May - d&c/lap/tube removal 6/13/08

IVF in September: BFN

To view my blog click here
October 24th, 2008, 06:56 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I wish I would have found this board earlier. I have been hanging out in parenting after loss, but last week, my doctor told me I was going to miscarry again and I have just been waiting for it to happen. They have been very supportive in that group, but I feel like I am just a big downer when they are all so happy about being pregnant again.

I had a loss at 17 weeks in April. Of course it was emotionally devestating. They weren't able to tell us what went wrong and my doctor told me that we could start trying again after one period. I found out that I was pregnant mid-September and was cautiously excited. I started bleeding last weekend and had an u/s on Monday where they could see the blood, but I grew the right amount and they weren't worried. I already had a scheduled u/s for last Thursday and they had me come in for that too. There was no difference in the sac size and I was still bleeding heavily. The doctor told me to expect to miscarry within the week.

I go back in this morning for an u/s to check the progress of the m/c. My husband left this morning for a business trip and won't be home until Sunday. My mom is going to watch my kids for me while I go to the doctor. She is the only one that knows about any of this. We didn't want to tell anyone we were pregnant this time because of how hard it was last time.

I know that I am not alone, but I feel that way. I don't know if I have lost the baby yet. All I have seen is blood. I have had no cramping. I guess I am still hoping for a miracle, but there are just too many signs that this baby can't make it.

I don't know what to expect and I just feel like I am in limbo. At least I will have more answers in four hours.

Thanks for listening...[/b]
Kristajoyce,
I am so sorry for your losses. It is incredibly difficult to go through loss, but it can be overwhelming to go through it again & again. I am sorry that this is happening at a time when DH can't be home too - that only adds to how hard this is I am sure. With my last mc, I started bleeding over the weekend, passed the baby on Wednesday, stopped bleeding on Sunday & had to go to a week long convention for work on Monday. I was miserable to have to go out of state with co-workers I don't feel close to & spend my evenings alone in a hotel. I am not sure we ever feel like we aren't alone, but there certainly are things that can make you feel even more alone. I can promise you that you aren't alone, that we all understand on some level, as we all have been through losses. I also know that doesn't help as much as I wish it would....because in the end, it doesn't matter what I have been through, or anyone else, what matters right now is what you are going through & what you are feeling.... Please feel free to come here to talk about all of it - to let us try to help you process & to heal as much as you can.

Again I am so sorry & I hope being here helps you feel validated, understood & supported.
Much love-

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
miraceti's Avatar Veteran
I am so sorry!
Hugs!
October 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the support. I lost the baby Saturday evening. It wasn't as painful or dramatic as I thought it would be. I am still a little numb emotionally. I am a wedding photographer and had to do a wedding on Sunday (yesterday). I am really sore and tired. My husband promised me he would spoil me this week when he got home, but every time I sit down, he is asking me for something. I just cannot live up to anyone's expectations and I just want to crawl into a hole.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search