Hello again!

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2008, 08:36 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Hello! It's been a long time since I've been here. You wanna know why? It finally worked! As some of you may remember me, I had 6 miscarriages. 5 natural conceptions and 1 IVF failed. I persisted...I don't give up easily at all...and look what I finally accomplished at attempt #7!! Two beautiful boys!! I thought I'd come back here and remind everyone how you don't need to give up. It's soo hard when you do something seemingly simple out of love and it seems like nothing works right, that it's time to give up. It's so not!! Whether you continue to try naturally, go through medical assistance, surrogacy, or even adoption, you should not give up on your dreams of becoming a mom. It's the best experience in the world to see your baby smile, laugh, coo, flip, play, etc.... Through all my miscarriages and the anger I felt with each one, I do not regret my decision to do whatever it took to become a mom.

This is my birth story....

Well, Tuesday arrived and my mother, my hubby, and my excited self made our way to the hospital. I was soooo looking forward to that day, I was really surprised I even slept the night before. I get there and they take my blood and set me up on the NST. That seemed to take forever!!! The boys were having a ball in there so it was hard to get a good reading. Not to mention I was contracting!!! I wasn't in labor though...it was just the position they had me in. Well eventually I got my amnio and their lungs were definitely ready. Their cut-off number is 50 and they boys were at 87 maturity! WOOHOO. Now it was time to decide on c/s or induction. Cameron was head down but Kiefer was diagonal with his head at Cameron's waist. He'd probably go head down at birth, but I was too afraid of him changing his mind. I just couldn't bare the idea of both vaginal or c/s, so I guess I wussed out and went for the c/s. Everyone was telling me that was the better choice. I'm happy I decided something and that was all I could do. I wanted these boys out and any way they did it was fine by me at this point.

They hooked me up to a spinal epidural which took a long time since I have a high tolerance for pain meds...owie!!! The c/s itself was SOOOOO weird feeling a lot of pressure and hard to breathe. They sent in my hubby and he looked scared to death watching me having to force myself to breathe, but he was so comforting to have there. Well, I could hear the doctor was having trouble getting Cameron out (he was first even with the c/s) so he had to use forceps and the same with Kiefer. Stubborn boys didn't want to leave home! They showed them to me as they came out. I was crying they were so beautiful, and I was so relieved they were ok!!

After the birth of the boys I was sent back to the recovery room. The boys had to go to the nursery since they appeared to have some difficulty breathing but they turned out to be just fine! they did a check-up on Kiefer too and his kidneys are working completely normal now!

June 27 (day I returned from the hospital): Well, I've been doing great! My itchiness is worse now than before and my edema has made it even more difficult to walk, but all in all, I have two wonderful boys to show for all this! I am not complaining. I'm sore as all heck though which is to be expected after surgery. Jason has been so incredible through all this. he's a proud dad, loves his boys tremendously. He's been pampering me meanwhile and just doing every thing he can to help me walk around and care for these boys.

Now since I'm home, I think things are going to get easier. OOO I hear them. Time to feed them!!! My dogs gets a little freaked out hearing them, but they've been so good. I'll update you all later on that. I'm sorry I couldn't get online in the hospital. HORRIBLE reception!! I'm just so happy to be home again.

BTW, Cameron Frank was born at 2:22pm at 6lbs 3oz, and Kiefer Charles was born 2:25pm at 5lbs 14oz.

I was actually quite surprised at how different they look. My dad had the same concern when he visited and was totally shocked he could tell them apart. Kiefer is definitely a smaller baby mainly because he has dark brown hair and a smaller head than Cameron's. He's almost always giving us a grimace which is why I call him Li'l Grimace. He's SOO adorable! He's got this soft cry which is actually quite sweet to listen to. He's sleeping a lot and tends to sleep during his feedings which is common for preterms. Cameron has slightly lighter hair with this either grey streak or very light blond streak in his hair. it honestly looks gray to me which is soooo cute!!! He has this adorable thing where he squeezes his cheeks when he drinks from the bottle. He also likes to have his hands on the bottle when he's not squeezing his cheeks. I've been calling him my little chipmunk since he looks like a chipmunk when he does that to his cheeks. That name hasn't caught on with the rest of the family but my evil plan of passing on silly names will work eventually!!!! MUHAHAHAHHA. OK seriously though, they both have such sweet personalities already. Of course, this may be the quiet before the storm, but for now they drink and sleep well and they just like to look around and figure out their environment.

Here's a couple of links to some pics of the boys:
Eliza - Wife to husband, Jason. Mother to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6-24-08)

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
November 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh they're ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! Congratulations!!!
Married 8/11/90 ~ Terry Bechor m/c'd 11/26/03, Thomas A. III m/c'd 7/15/04,
Sarah E. born 6/24/05, Tabitha Zipporah m/c'd 4/?/06, Theodore David m/c'd 8/27/06,
Taylor Lynn m/c'd 2/07/07, Benjamin E. born 3/25/08, Catherine A. born 6/03/09

November 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Congrats!!! I hope you'll stick around and post some. It's nice to have a reminder that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Also, drop by the roll call sticky. The "Please Share" thread you had originally posted in has been replaced as it was very out of date.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
November 26th, 2008, 11:33 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eliza - thank you so much for stopping in! It is always an amazing lift to see success after so much heartache & loss. It is what keeps us going - that hope that we will some day have a success & that it will be worth it in the end. I could not be happier for you & wish you all the blessings life can offer! As AUgie said - don't feel you need to be a stranger - it's food to see you around agin!

Well I went & looked at your pictures - they are too precious - congrats again!
B - Crazy momma to my two boys
We've begun to raise daughters more like sons... but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters. ~Gloria Steinem

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search