We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I went in to my OB's office about a month ago, after my 2nd chemical pregnancy. He humored me and agreed to run bloodwork, though he really didn't think anything was wrong.
Well, I wasn't crazy. 2 of my results came back abnormal. I have an elevated PTT-LA (partial thromboblastin time with lupus anticoagulant) and was positive for Hexagonal Phase Confirm.
I didn't get to talk to my OB and the nurse didn't know much, but thanks to Google I figured out a little bit. Both results seem to be related to thrombophilias, which cause blood clots. They are not only responsible for recurrent early loss, but stillbirth as well and could very much explain the subchorionic hematoma I developed with my last pregnancy. They also increase risk of abruption.
The good news is that I have an RE appointment for January 13th and hopefully it will be an easy fix. The bad news is that dh is now terrified that it can happen again and says nothing is worth having to hold me while they try to save my life again. So I'm afraid he won't want to keep trying
Hope!! What a wonderful thing! I'm glad you got some answers. Praying that you'll have a treatment plan at your RE's appt. and that you'll soon be enjoying a healthy pregnancy. (((hugs))))
Married 8/11/90 ~ Terry Bechor m/c'd 11/26/03, Thomas A. III m/c'd 7/15/04,
Sarah E. born 6/24/05, Tabitha Zipporah m/c'd 4/?/06, Theodore David m/c'd 8/27/06,
Taylor Lynn m/c'd 2/07/07, Benjamin E. born 3/25/08, Catherine A. born 6/03/09
The quote in my signature is what I'm living by right now... and it could also be a good motto for your DH.
Once you have your answers you can go from there. If the RE has a plan of action, go for it! If they recomend that it's not a good idea, you probably should stop for your own peace of mind. But a diagnosis means you can have a plan, so that is awesome news for you!
Oh jeez...How nice to possibly have some answers!!! When DH and I were at the geneticist (sp) we talked about the issues you were discussing. Some of the answers were as simple as taking an aspirin a day. I hope that you get the answers that you need!!!
Please keep us posted about your appt w/your RE!!
4 Angels in Heaven - March 2005, January 2006, January 2008, August 2008
Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!