Guess I'm sticking around here...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I finnally got back from my doctor. I'm having a m/c without a doubt. The urine sample was positive. However upon doing a pelvic exam and u/s there is no way I am still pregnant. They did take some samples to send to the lab - what do they usually do with them(it was actually quite a bit of "clots" I couldn't bear to look)? The u/s didn't show any signs of pregnancy. It just looked like a normal period (isn't that great sound? ). Actually she was surprised I'm not having more bleeding, cramping, etc. My normal period is 100% worse then what I am experiencing right now. She gave me some medicine to help I guess clean out my uterus. I'll go back in Monday for another u/s to make sure everything is doing what it should be. This royally stinks. I'm out of work through wendesday at least. I actually feel quite sore after the exam. I'm not sure what to expect now. This is the second m/c. I know we have one healthy, yet stubborn daughter. But it still doesn't change the right here, right now. Or fear in future pregnancies. It also doesn't answer the "why" twice. I mean, once I get it - genetic mismatch, fluke of nature, natural selection, survival of the fittest, blah blah blah. But seriously, twice - is there something more? Something we're missing? I'm just crushed right now. so I'm totally rambling - at least as DH said, "it was a great two weeks know..." Dh and DD went and got flowers and my favorite candy while I was at the appt. It was so sweet. I know DH is crushed. I can't help but feel like there is something wrong with me, even though there is not. I'm just totally bummed. It stinks.
So I guess one of my biggest questions -
Have you ever taken: misoprostol or methergine during a miscarriage? If so what should I expect verses just waiting to let things go without drugs.
How long should I expect to keep bleeding? Should i expect things to get worse still?
I know it can take awhile for your cycle to return to normal after a miscarriage.
What have you told people at work? Only 3 people at work know (owner, director, assistant) but I work with many other people and I know they'll ask questions - I really don't want the "Oh I'm so sorry." Even if it is heartfelt, I just don't care to deal with it. Then again, it might just be easier then trying to come up with some other reason.
March 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took Methergine (but not during a m/c). Did they give you pain meds? It basically makes you feel like you're in labor. I had horrible abdominal contrax. But it's supposed to get things moving faster. ((((hugs))))) I am so sorry for your loss.

March 22nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is what I figure it would kick start things and make me feel 100x worse. I haven't taken any meds yet b/c I'm alone w/ DD and don't want to scare her if mommy is in pain. At least if daddy is home she can hang with him. She did perscribe me 800 mg motrin. I guess that is why she wanted to write me out of work the rest of the week At least I got til Thursday to rest and relax.
I feel like my body is playing tricks on me. I'm seriously bairly bleeding (like the last day of your period amount). This is totally not fair.
March 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm so sorry that you have reason to join us. I didn't take anything so I can't help you there. As for work, I was honest. I told everyone...but I worked retail and would have random breakdowns (seeing a baby...ringing baby things...etc.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Augie - that what I am afraid of...I see pregnant moms, babies, etc every single day at work. I am usually good about keeping work at work, personal stuff personal, and emotions to myself as neccesary.
March 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you have to be part of this board....I mean it's always nice to have others to talk to...but it's so sad that any of us have to be here. A very warm welcome here. As to the miscarriage...two of my three were lighter and easier than my normal period....only my 2nd one was horrible...beyond belief. But my doc didnt put me on anything because he said my body was doing just fine itself doing what it was supposed to do. So??? I can't help much with the meds...but the emotional I can relate to. Three of my best friends are pregnant and it's so hard sometimes to see them...almost everyday....and know how wonderful things are going for them...how healthy their baby's are and this is what I am left with...an empty uterus and an aching heart. It gets better with time...but I assume the pain never fully goes away...I think we just adjust to learn to cope with it better as time goes on. I hope and pray for good things for you and in the meantime we are all here for you!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this.

I too told the people I worked with only because everyone knew I was pg and I didn't want to hear the baby comments anymore.
March 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
THanks! It does stink to join, but nice to have a place to relate with others in crappy times. With my first m/c, I hardly think about it (until now). I mean, I had one normal cycle. Then I got pregnant with DD. it is kinda hard to look at DD and say "I wish I didn't have a m/c so I would have that baby and not you" Or at least that is the logic in my head. I love DD to death, and had I not m/c I would have never had my DD. So yeah.

I took the medicine and I'm starting to feel the cramps (I think I'm plaqued for life with back labor because my gosh, it feels like the start of labor all over again). I'm wondering when the rest will finnally pass that we saw on the u/s. I'm wondering when the butterfly feelings will STOP. It keeps making me wonder "could i still be..." I know theu/s is right though (gotta love growing up with a mom who works in OBGYN or did - and her knowledge of that stuff was not forgotten in her car accident).

I did talk to my mom for the first time ina long time today. we had a really good conversation, and for the first time in a long time she kinda felt like my mom (she was sober for once). I cried, laughed, and just talked. It was nice. It was just really nice to talk to mom - more then words can say.
March 23rd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to vent and don't feel like making a new post.

I took the misoprostol around 6:30 last night. Also took the methergine then also.
I'm hardly bleeding at all (just when I wipe, and when I stand up/walk around/etc). I've been cramping all night, took the perscription motrin. barely knocked out any of the cramping (kinda surprised b/c even with that it felt like period cramps WITHOUT OTC pain meds). I know how much "stuff" was on the u/s I know there is still more that needs to pass - but why the heck is not coming even w/ the medicines. I mean, I read online some woman require an additional dose of misoprostal (at 12 hours and 24 hours after the initial dose). Should I call the OB back? I am wondering if once I go back to work, and I'm moving non-stop the rest will pass. I'm so frustrated! On top of that my coworker text messaged me "did you know so and so is pregnant", "yeah, there are 3 people pg, do you know who the 3rd one is?" I feel like saying "ummm, do you not see that I am not at work, and my husband gave ya'll a doctors note this morning when he dropped off DD?" I know that is mean - and her intentions (although nosy) are good.
March 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Like I said, I don't have any experience with those meds, but if you are at all concerned, definitely call your doctor. Worst case they tell you it's normal. If it's not, well...then they need to know.

As for you co-worker, I'd tell her. But, I have always been very open about my angels.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope the process finishes soon for you so that you are able to begin healing. Let me know if you ever need anything/want to talk. I'm on FB all the time and am on IM a lot. You can also post here/PM me anytime.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 28th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Have you ever taken: misoprostol or methergine during a miscarriage? No but i did retain a piece for a month after the M/C with no ill affect.

How long should I expect to keep bleeding? Should i expect things to get worse still? My older fetuses passed in about an hour and then i bled for 7-10 days and the bleeding started heavy when I started to pass the baby but we had already determined fetal demise.

I know it can take awhile for your cycle to return to normal after a miscarriage. I had three losses and four conceptions right in a row with out menstrating between then at all.

What have you told people at work? Only 3 people at work know (owner, director, assistant) but I work with many other people and I know they'll ask questions - I really don't want the "Oh I'm so sorry." Even if it is heartfelt, I just don't care to deal with it. Then again, it might just be easier then trying to come up with some other reason.

I think this is a hard question. I am a SAHM and just told my church friends.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search