bleeding after m/c... (TMI warning)

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long did you bleed for after having a m/c? I am so lost with how much/little I am bleeding. My doctor wrote me out of work Monday to Wendesday. I hardly bleed at all (I use cloth pads - equal to a medium/light throw away. I'd change it every 8ish hours just because - not because it was "full" if that makes sense). Well, once I got back to work on Thursday I feel like I've been bleeding very heavy. Moreso then a normal period. I can tell I'm getting slightly anemic. I am not bleeding a pad an hour - but still bleeding roughly one pad every 2-2.5 hours. However, as soon as I get home and relax I stop bleeding all together. My normal periods can be like that (bleed during the day, then stop at night when I'm less active). I don't know what to think of this all. I had scheduled a follow up for Monday, but had to cancel b/c I'm still bleeding at this point. The next avilable appt is April 15th which seems kinda far off since they want to see me back in one week (next week roughly). Should that be ok? When I m/c the first time I never had a follow up appt - just a nurse visit to do another HCG bloodwork. But they didn't even bother to do the HCG bloodwork because it was just that obvious if I had any HCG it was dropping and not doubling.
On top of that, I am still having a lot of cramping and pain. I'm still having to take the 800 mg motrin every 8 hours. How long does it take for the pain/cramping/contraction type stuff to let up?
On a side note, it really is starting to affect me. Dh and I went to see a movie tonight and of course there was a "love" scene. All I could think was man, this stinks. I mean, a perfect romantic time resulting in a pregnancy, then bam! I think, I am partially afraid of sex (not that it is an option right now). Not of sex, but getting pregnant and m/c again.
March 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Each one of m/cs was slightly different, the last being the worst where I was bleeding too much. I would stand up and soak a pad, plus whatever I was wearing. If it comes to a point where you are getting sick or lightheaded or something I would either call the Drs office or go to the ER. As far as the cramping goes mine was real bad when I was in the process of, I guess, losing everything--that is when it was really bad and then they were like period cramps afterwords.

I think the being afraid of having sex is part of healing. I was the same way-I didn't want to have sex because I was in such fear of getting pregnant again and it happening all over again.

March 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I *think* I've passed everything. But as soon as I think I have, I see more clots/etc. So IDK. I'm upset because I'm still bleeding so I wanted to reschedule my follow up for later in the week. But no doctor has anything available until April 15th. Should I try to get in sooner? I do plan to keep calling and see if they can't get me in sooner, but IDK. Would it be ok to use a Diva Cup/Instead Cup in place of pads? I know tampons are out. But seriously I'm about to go crazy with having to readjust the pad.

March 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would keep trying to get in sooner-tell them you are concerned ect. I wouldn't put anything inside of you just because you want it all to come out and not stay in-could lead to infection, I would think. I would think your Dr's office would do something to get you in knowing what is going on...:-/
March 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im still bleeding went from light to very heavy
March 28th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I had three natural M'C my bleeding after the baby passed was very much like a period. Definately differnt from what you are discribing.

After my second loss the U/S determined their was still a piece. The doctor didn't want to do a D&C and the piece passed about a month later and I was all excited about AF.

March 28th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, the bleeding has been very light *knock on wood* all day today. So maybe, it does have something to do with my activity level.

I'm kind of upset with my OB - but they are one of the few practices that really treat pregnant woman like people instead of just "this is what we do" if that makes sense.
March 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it stays light-try not to do too much for the time being.

And what you are saying makes sense!

March 29th, 2010, 05:55 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others. My doc told me that I did not need additional blood work unless my bleeding did not stop or the cramping got bad...or even contiuned. He told me that might be a sign that things were not taking care of themselves like they should and I would need an ultrasound and some bloodwork done. I would go ahead and keep hounding them and let them know what's going on. I know you have mentioned it's not bad...but it's still there...you need to be checked out.

On other notes...I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It's so hard to have to lose a baby but then to have to lose a baby and go through all this physically....so devastating. I am sorry...

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 29th, 2010, 08:21 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
each of my m/c's were different. With one I bled very heavy for a few days, followed by light bleeding for about a week. With another, it was almost like I wasn't bleeding when I was not active but when I was active, I bled more. With my last I had a D&C and had what was like a period for 5 days after.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search